Body Shop Technician Findlay Northern Ohio Peterbilt - Req ID 1497
JOB DESCRIPTION / REQUIREMENTS:
The Body Shop Technician performs minor repairs such as peeling paint or a dented fender, to rebuilding an entire truck. Our highly trained technicians provide body shop work for all makes and models of heavy trucks and RV’s.
- Experience with On-The-Road trucks and/or automotive body work is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and a high level of confidence.
- Customer service skills and safe work habits are a must.
- Must own standard mechanic’s hand tools and box.
EDUCATION AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:High school graduate or equivalent required. Vocational/technical school preferred.
Two to four year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certification of completion of technical school/training specializing in the repair/refinish of all series of truck and trailer preferred.
Working knowledge of tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required.
- Lifting/Carrying 40 lb. Lift/Carry and 50lb+ pulling
- Standing/Sitting Up and down stairs, standing, sitting and climbing into machines
- Dexterity Normal
- Repetitive Motions Frequent movement requiring hands, wrists and fingers
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate to loud in other situations, with both constant and sudden loud noises possible.
EEO, Veterans & Disabled Employer and VEVRAA/503 Federal Contractor