Serviceman Columbus - Req ID 1952
*POSTING IS FOR 2ND SHIFT*
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
The Ohio CAT Serviceman will troubleshoot and repair general heavy equipment engines and drive-train components, electrical and hydraulic systems as well as perform normal machine repair in a safe manner. Responsibilities include inspecting, repairing and maintaining, overhauling and rebuilding engines and/or heavy equipment components.
COMPETENCIES LIST AND DESCRIBE:
General technical service skills, mechanical aptitude or experience with construction or power equipment required, strong DC electrical and machine electronic system knowledge is crucial. Must demonstrate ability to follow technical material and apply processes and procedures as necessary to complete manufacturers’ updates, as required. Must be organized, self-motivated, and able to work without direct supervision and work Flex/Shift hours. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Strong computer and software skills are a must.
- High school graduate minimum
- College and/or continued education in a technical field a plus.
- Two - Three years’ experience related to construction or power equipment/diesel engine service, rebuild and repair is required.
- Lifting/Carrying 40 lb. Lift/Carry and 50lb+ pulling
- Standing/Sitting Up and down stairs, standing, sitting and climbing into machines
- Dexterity Normal
- Repetitive Motions Frequent movement requiring hands, wrists and fingers.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office settings and moderate to loud in other situations, with both constant and sudden loud noises possible.
EEO, Veterans & Disabled Employer and VEVRAA/503 Federal Contractor