Executive Underwriter-Surplus Lines
Hudson Insurance Group is a market-leading specialty insurance group headquartered in New York City with offices throughout the United States and an office in Vancouver, Canada. Hudson provides unparalleled expertise and exceptional service in each of the market segments we serve.
We offer a wide range of property and casualty insurance products to corporations, professional firms, and individuals. The deep industry knowledge and vast experience of our talented team of professionals enables us to offer creative, highly personalized service tailored to meet our clients’ exact needs.
Hudson Insurance Group is the US Insurance Division of OdysseyRe, a leading worldwide underwriter of reinsurance and specialty insurance, with total assets of $12.0 billion and $4.3 billion in shareholders’ equity. Hudson’s ability to serve its clients is also backed by our superior underwriting and claims expertise combined with our impressive financial ratings (A.M. Best Company rated, “A” XV).
At Hudson we focus our attention and our resources on finding high-quality solutions that give our business partners, producers, and policyholders a safe harbor for the risks they face.
The Executive Underwriter will provide technical assistance in the Home Office Underwriting Department on special projects, product development, form and endorsement development, underwriting audits, corporate initiatives, training and development and product specific research while also acting as a referral authority, mentor and trainer to the underwriting team.
- Handle account referrals outside of individual underwriter authority
- Make sound risk and pricing decisions to drive profitable growth and achieve business objectives
- Assist with mentoring and coaching of new associates and less experienced team members
- Assist with development and facilitation of technical training classes
- Assist in the overall development and communication of underwriting appetite
- Assist with developing and refining Underwriting and Pricing Guidelines
- Assist with new product development efforts to include initiation, research and implementation of new products as well as product/process enhancements
- In coordination with the management team, participate in the development and execution of annual business plans for the division to include a profitable underwriting strategy
- Lead research projects on trends impacting our business
- Participate in book profitability analyses and corresponding action plan development
- Stay abreast and knowledgeable on market trends and conditions to guide our business and achieve objectives
- Lead the Underwriting Audit/Quality Control (QC) process to drive underwriting quality
- Daily review of ‘bound’ new business to confirm the unit is maintaining underwriting integrity
- Assist in the development of forms and endorsements and lead the coordination with Claims and Legal to finalize wording
- Lead and participate in projects and initiatives as assigned by underwriting leadership
- Other duties as assigned.