Starting Salary: $16.24 (hour)
The Support Specialist role is to provide clerical, data, and information related technical support to Team Manager/Department Director and members of the assigned team.
- Serve as backup to other Support Specialists and
- Establish and maintain administrative procedures, files, and records for the respective team.
- Perform complex clerical assignments such as developing forms, establishing and maintaining appropriate databases, and preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct research as required for the Team Manager/Department Director and team members.
- Develop new and special report formats as required.
- Answer phones and respond to general inquiries regarding departmental policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of four (4) years related clerical or technical support experience. Related coursework at a business school, college or university may be substituted for up to two (2) years’ experience.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with Word, Excel, database, and other relevant software programs.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills both in direct personal interactions and on the telephone
- Demonstrated a high level of oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of relatively complex assignments accurately and timely.
- Demonstrated organizational skills needed to establish office procedures and maintain files and records.
- Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization; maintaining social, ethical, and organizational norms; firmly adhering to codes of conduct and ethical principles. (Integrity/Building Trust)
- Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relationships, recognizing that the ultimate customer is the individual served; ensuring that actions embrace the principles of recovery. (Customer Focus)
- Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using the newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application. (Continuous Learning)
- Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence in addition to consciously adopting organizational standards of excellence. (Work Standards)
- Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message. (Communication)
Special Information (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, and so on):
- Must have available means of transportation to and from Oakland Community Health Network and for required offsite meetings or site visits.
- Work performed primarily in an office environment.