ObGyn Consultant-Females ONLY
The OB/Gyn consultant will provide professional Obstetrical and Gynecological medical and surgical services for patients at Kanad Hospital; He/she will supervise and coordinate obstetric/gynecologic services provided for patients at Kanad Hospital; He/she will supervise and evaluate medical and nursing staff of OB/GYN Department, and perform medically related and administrative duties as required
Requirements: Female candidates ONLY
Education: Board Certified/MRC/MD/MS in Ob-Gyne
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience post registration
License: from all countries of practice
With DOH license/exam exempted
Principal duties and responsibilities:This may not include all of the duties assigned
- Outpatient Clinics:
- The OB/GYN provides prenatal and postnatal care; obtains complete medical, family and obstetrical history and physical data on OB patients and reviews patient records. Does normal GYN care and preventative medicine
- Treats diseases and injuries of female reproductive system
- Preparing and reviewing case histories and obtaining data through interviews.
- Performs an obstetrical exam including limited ultra sound and records findings. Assesses patients and prepares a plan of care.
- Orders, evaluates and reviews appropriate laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures.
- Performs diagnostic procedures as required.
- Sees walk in patients and UCC referrals.
- Appropriate Documentation.
- Inpatient Ward:
- Rounds in the ward on assigned shifts as applicable. Maintains and updates SBAR handover sheet.
- Appropriate documentation.
- Operating Room:
- Directs nurses in procedures for preoperative and postoperative care such as administering sedatives, prescribing diets, and preparing operative area of patients.
- Performs appropriate surgical procedures as privileged and treats patients with postoperative complications.
- Labour and Delivery:
- Supervises the nurses, midwives, and specialist/GP as required
- Performs normal and instrumental deliveries in maternity cases. OB emergencies, treatment of intrauterine fetal demise, incomplete spontaneous abortion, missed abortion, treatment of pregnancy complications.
- Evaluate and prepare the patient for Cesarean section and perform or assist the surgery.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently, be attentive to detail, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities and to prioritize scheduling of work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all hospital information.
- Ability to complete work assignments accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and writing.
- Appearance is neat and clean.
- Complete staff orientation and training.
- Accomplish annual education requirements.
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Report to work on time as scheduled.
- Wear identification while on duty.
- Maintain accreditation and regulatory requirements.
- Represent the organization in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Comply with organizational policies and standards
- Be personally accountable for professional and ethical actions and practices within a legal and ethical framework that adheres to Kanad Hospital's requirements in conjunction with DOH and JCI guidelines and standards.
- Communicate the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Participate in patient safety and continuous quality improvement activities.
- Attend regular staff meetings, department meetings, physician meetings, Morbidity and Mortality meetings, and in-services.