Registered Nurse:Operating Room
Education: Bachelor degree in Nursing or Associate degree in Nursing from Canada or USA with (Minimum two (2) years course duration) and Successful completion of the National exam:
USA: NCLEX - RN
Canada: Licensing Exam
Experience: minimum 2 years of work experience in OB-Gyn, General Surgery and Pediatric experience preferred.
Must be DOH passers or DOH Licensed or DOH Exam exempted
- Professional responsibility, performance and practice:
- Accepts responsibility for ensuring that his/her nursing practice and conduct meet the standards of professional, ethical and relevant legislated requirements.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply the principles of cross-cultural knowledge and culturally sensitive skills in implementing culturally congruent nursing care.
- Promotes an environment that enables health consumer safety, independence, quality of life, and health.
- Practices nursing in a manner that the health consumer determines as being culturally safe.
- Evaluates her/his own nursing practice in relation to professional practice standards and guidelines, relevant statutes, rules, and regulations.
- Management of nursing care:
- Provides planned nursing care to achieve identified outcomes, utilizing appropriate resources to plan and provide nursing services that are safe, effective, and financially responsible.
- Undertakes a comprehensive and accurate nursing assessment of health consumers in a variety of settings.
- Ensure documentation is accurate and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Ensures the health consumer has adequate explanation of the effects, consequences and alternatives of proposed treatment options.
- Acts appropriately to protect oneself and others when faced with unexpected health consumer responses, confrontation, personal threat or other crisis situations.
- Evaluates health consumer’s progress toward expected outcomes in partnership with health consumers.
- Provides health education appropriate to the needs of the health consumer within a nursing framework.
- Reflects upon, and evaluates with peers and experienced nurses, the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Supports, participates in programs for and maintains professional development.
- Attains knowledge and competence that reflects current nursing practice.
- Integrates evidence and research findings into practice.
- Interpersonal relationships:
- Establishes, maintains and concludes therapeutic interpersonal relationships with health consumers.
- Practices nursing in a negotiated partnership with the health consumer where and when possible.
- Communicates effectively with health consumers and members of the health care team.
- Communicates effectively in a variety of formats in all areas of practice.
- Collaborates with the healthcare consumer, family, and others in the conduct of nursing practice.
- Inter-professional healthcare and quality improvement:
- Collaborates and participates with colleagues and members of the healthcare team to facilitate and coordinate care.
- Recognizes and values the roles and skills of all members of the healthcare team in the delivery of care.
- Demonstrates leadership in the professional practice setting and the profession.
- Participates in quality improvement activities to monitor and improve standards of nursing.
- Maintain a professional portfolio.
- Actively engages in ongoing self-directed learning.
- Maintain a current Basic Life Support certificate.
- Maintain a current HAAD license.
- Complete annual staff training requirements.
- Follows all Hospital related policies and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.