The Oakwood team has won numerous awards throughout its history, including Microsoft’s coveted "Partner of the Year Award". As a Top 50 National Microsoft Gold partner, Oakwood hires the best and the brightest - then provides an environment in which they can thrive. We are proud of our 39-year legacy of enabling companies undergoing change and transformation across a multitude of industries.
Being a team member of Oakwood means being “in-the-know” on Microsoft’s latest technologies. We meet and work with Microsoft service and product teams as we help bring value to our clients. Oakwood continues to assemble a unique spectrum of talented, award-winning problem solvers. Next on our list – a Business Analyst!
A Business Analyst works closely with our client's product owner and subject matter experts (SMEs). They use their extensive experience in researching and analyzing business requirements and are effective at influencing clients to help them build the most valuable product. The incumbent utilizes a range of new technologies while supporting full life-cycle development of projects. The Oakwood Business Analyst understands the client's needs by working closely with the Product Owner, SMEs, and business partners.
- Conducts the necessary research and analysis to ensure that the appropriate information and context is available for the team
- Reviews or creates process and flow maps to understand the business processes and system flows; documents the business domain
- Documents any necessary business rules and logic needed to fully incorporate a business process into the system
- Ensures the team and product owner have a good understanding of the users of the product, including other systems, that may consume the product
- Documents and identifies story dependencies to help facilitate backlog refinement and prioritization
- Ensures that stories are written by the team and Product Owner at the appropriate level and size to allow the team to deliver value frequently
- Manages a regular cadence for story definition, story writing, story review, and story prioritization to maintain a well-refined and prioritized backlog
- Supports the Product Owner with managing feature and/or story maps to help facilitate product strategy decisions, release planning, and prioritization of work
- Assists the Product Owner with defining what business value means to the client and how to assess each feature/story based on that business value to maximize the value delivered
- Collaborates with the Product Owner and Delivery Lead to ensure that the roadmap is kept up-to-date and reflects any changes in business priority
- Ensures that the data needed to accurately create and maintain a forecast is available
SKILLS, ABILITIES, and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED for SUCCESS
• 5+ years' experience as a member of an Agile software development team, preferably as an Agile Business Analyst, Product Owner or Scrum Master
• 4+ years' experience working directly with business stakeholders
• 4+ years' experience performing business analysis responsibilities
• Business Analyst skills which includes practical experience working with stakeholders and others to identify, clarify, and articulate product vision
• Demonstrates techniques for effectively interviewing stakeholders, SME's, and users to understand customer needs; utilizes information to generate appropriate business analysis artifacts to include process flow maps, use cases, value stream maps, etc.
• Possesses ability to illustrate techniques for researching and documenting business rules/logic
• Demonstrates knowledge of Agile methodology; articulates both agile and lean software development values and principles
• Demonstrates ability to conduct story mapping and user story writing sessions to create a product backlog; articulate various ways to create user stories and document acceptance criteria
• Possesses ability to facilitate meetings effectively with 20 or more people; provides examples of how to prepare for and run effective meetings; demonstrates skills facilitating remote meetings with participants across multiple locations
• Possesses consultative skills; experience in healthy conflict resolution ~ finding the best solutions to address issues and work effectively through disagreements
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills; has a customer focused mindset
• Travel: up to 25%
BONUS POINTS FOR….
- Experience conducting and documenting functional decomposition of legacy systems
- Ability to conduct and document a gap analysis
- Experience creating and using delivery metrics, predictability, and forecasting; given appropriate data, can create (and draw conclusions from) a forecast and communicate that information to stakeholders with progress updates and metric
Paid Time Off: for vacation, holidays, illness
Profit Sharing: through Oakwood’s 401(k) plan
Health and Wellness: medical, dental, and vision benefits
Life and Disability Insurance: company paid
Knowledge: Oakwood wants lifelong learners! To show our commitment, we help you learn new things, prepare for certifications and pay for the tests; offer bonuses when you achieve the certification!
Excellence: we only hire the best, so you’ll get to work with smart people (like yourself) everyday
Fun: We laugh. A Lot. We work in a fun office environment. Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises and twice-annual events full of fun
Community focus: there is the community within our offices where we have built teams that care about each other as humans; there is the community outside the office where we expect our people to be involved; we support each other in that – it may be charitable, it may be technological, it may be recreational – bottom line is that we show up
Integrity: you don’t make it over 30 years in business without doing the right thing
Important Things to Know:
You move ahead at your speed in your chosen direction
Your work matters
Personal Growth is an expectation not an afterthought
“Build it and they will come”
We reward hard work
We favor autonomy over micro managers
Oakwood encourages our team members to collaborate; to pursue and gain continued education and certifications relevant to their career paths; to gain exposure to cutting edge technologies; facilitate corporate learning events; and attend or lead a relevant seminar, etc. If you are seeking an opportunity to build a career in a high-tech organization, utilizing a wide range of new development technologies, with an outgoing team that enjoys what they do—this is your opportunity!