Cloud Solutions Architect
Are you interested in being part of a team that is working across a broad spectrum of technologies? Join a company that promises to invest in you as much as you invest in your job, appreciates your creativity, problem solving skills and promises a dynamic and challenging work environment every single day. You will never be bored or concerned about how you can develop your skills.
Oakwood Systems Group continues to grow and with that growth comes the need to hire Cloud Solution Architects to help our clients transform their business in their journey to the cloud. We are looking for driven professionals to help us define the future and grow our business. Oakwood Systems Group is looking for a Cloud Solution Architect to help drive Datacenter and Cloud Infrastructure solutions.
The role requires deep technology expertise, advanced analysis skills, and a deep understanding of the cloud market to define appropriate customer solution, scope and estimate the effort, provide technical leadership in sales pursuits and solution delivery.
Key professional qualifications:
- Real passion for the customer which is demonstrated through professionalism and striving for excellence in all aspects of the customer experience.
- Deep understanding of competitive landscape and ability to assess feasibility of migrating customer solutions from and/or integrating with the customer’s non-Microsoft platforms.
- Strong confidence, team work, ability to lead, promote collaboration, and professionally represent Microsoft in challenging environments and customer situations.
- Solution Architects develop solutions by mapping customer business problems to reusable end-to-end technology solutions. You will be an enabler for consultants, field engineers, and partners. You will engage over the entire lifecycle of large and complex projects. You will maintain effective product group relationships. You will lead and motivate technical communities, provide quality assurance for solutions developed by others.
- Technical knowledge and ability to move customer workloads to Azure and implement solutions based on Azure technologies
Key areas of technical expertise:
- Private/Hybrid/Public cloud configurations, patterns, and practices.
- Azure IaaS, Azure AD and other Azure Infrastructure services.
- Windows Server, Hyper-V, Azure Pack.
- Microsoft System Center technologies.
- Power Shell scripting and automation.
- Ability to work with REST API.
- Knowledge of datacenter management, ITIL and MOF operational processes.
- Azure subscription planning and network architecture.
- Microsoft security – Azure, Office 365, Windows Server, Windows 10
- Open Source experience is a plus.
You will present to executive audiences, help customer account teams identify, pursue and close strategic business development opportunities while driving add-on business within existing projects. BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience is required, combined with a minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience providing solution architecture and consulting.
Travel requirements may vary based on the needs of our customers and our business but will be conducted primarily in the St. Louis region.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.