Microsoft 365 Senior Consultant
The Oakwood team has won numerous awards throughout its history, including Microsoft’s coveted "Partner of the Year Award". As a Top 50 National Microsoft Gold partner, Oakwood hires the best and the brightest - then provides an environment in which they can thrive. We are proud of our 40-year legacy of enabling companies undergoing change and transformation across a multitude of industries.
Being a team member of Oakwood means being “in-the-know” on Microsoft’s latest technologies. We meet and work with Microsoft service and product teams as we help bring value to our clients. Oakwood continues to assemble a unique spectrum of talented, award-winning problem solvers.
- This consultant will be an expert on M365 and be responsible for providing operational engineering and support for the M365 environment.
- Design and test plans to ensure the stability and integrity of systems, troubleshoots and analyzes failures to minimize outages and service interruptions related to all M365 services.
- Leads, and delivers M365 migrations, upgrades, and other Microsoft Windows solutions.
- Implementing a supporting Microsoft cloud technologies and services such as MS Teams, Exchange Online, SharePoint online OneDrive, Intune, MAM/MDM, and Windows Virtual Desktop.
- Implements Conditional Access / Tenant policies, M365 mobile device management and Intune.
- Communicate complete technical information clearly and articulately for all levels and audiences.
- Establish and perform the M365 best practices for providing unassailable solutions for our clients, both technical and non-technical in nature.
- Analyzing designing and implementing new technologies for applications within the M365 environment.
- M365 Security Configurations (ATP, Defender and Security Center).
- Designs/Implements and Validates security configurations.
- Recommends and assists with remediation for security deficiencies.
- Understands and recommends security configurations across multiple devices.
- Performs solution assessments and assists with designing statements of work and client recommendations for phased service deliverables.
- Creates client documentation and deliverables such as client configuration diagrams, client documentation and work plans/schedules.
- Assists in reviewing and growing clients Cyber Security strategy Configures, manages and secures M365/Azure environments.
- Lead requirements gathering sessions; translates business requirements to configuration specifications.
- Investigates business needs and discusses new opportunities within the Oakwood organization.
- Engages with the client as a trusted advisor.
- Promotes Oakwood within the community.
Skills, Abilities and Experience Required for Success:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- At least five (5) years of related IT work experience, to include: Experience with IT Cloud/Infrastructure in an IT Services/Support/Dev model Knowledge and experience in cloud technology, such as Azure, EMS, AWS, Google, M365.
- Diverse technical background with experience in various industries, roles, platforms, architectures, packages and technologies.
- Possess core skills designing and implementing Microsoft Infrastructure solutions, centering around customer, project and client/staff deliverables.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 migrations.
- Thorough understanding of and working background with Microsoft 365 strategies and best practices.
Bonus Points For:
- Previous consulting experience
- MS Licensing experience
- Adoption and change management experience.
- Salary: competitive
- Paid Time Off: for vacation, holidays, illness
- Profit Sharing: through Oakwood’s 401(k) plan
- Health and Wellness: medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Life and Disability Insurance: company paid.
- Knowledge: Oakwood wants lifelong learners! To show our commitment, we help you learn new things, prepare for certifications and pay for the tests; offer bonuses when you achieve the certification!
- Excellence: we only hire the best, so you will get to work with smart people (like yourself) everyday
- Fun: We laugh. A Lot. We work in a fun office environment. Our focus on employee happiness leads to fun surprises and twice-annual events full of fun.
- Community focus: there is the community within our offices where we have built teams that care about each other as humans; there is the community outside the office where we expect our people to be involved; we support each other in that – it may be charitable, it may be technological, it may be recreational – bottom line is that we show up.
- Integrity: you do not make it over 30 years in business without doing the right thing
Important Things to Know:
- You move ahead at your speed in your chosen direction.
- Your work matters.
- Personal Growth is an expectation not an afterthought.
- “Build it and they will come.”
- We reward hard work.
- We favor autonomy over micro managers
Oakwood encourages our team members to collaborate; to pursue and gain continued education and certifications relevant to their career paths; to gain exposure to cutting edge technologies; facilitate corporate learning events; and attend or lead a relevant seminar, etc. If you are seeking an opportunity to build a career in a high-tech organization, utilizing a wide range of new development technologies, with an outgoing team that enjoys what they do—this is your chance.