Technical Product Analyst
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly. We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
As a Technical Product Analyst, you will be responsible for driving the strategic direction of an agile team innovating a core part of our data platform. Through partnership with senior business and engineering leaders, you will oversee the planning and execution of all initiatives within your agile team while serving as a key leader within our organization. The ideal candidate combines deep domain and industry expertise with extensive technical experience along with the execution of a refined data roadmap and supporting the business in democratizing data.
- Data Platform Vision / Strategy: You will be responsible for defining and communicating the vision and strategy for your pod across the organization regularly. Additionally, you will ensure continuous alignment of business leaders with your strategy.
- Team Management: You will be responsible for recruiting, training, managing, and mentoring Technical Product team members within your team.
- Data Domain Expertise: You will be responsible for fully understanding functional data domain(s) and all of the related data domains that inform data platform initiatives related to your pod.
- Roadmap / Backlog Management: You will partner with our data engineering and technical product team to define the roadmap in alignment with your vision and oversee day to day backlog management and prioritization. You are able to understand and communicate the “why” behind each data initiative.
- Lead Scrum Teams: You will work with the Technical Product Manager to lead the efforts of your scrum team. You will keep abreast of Agile / Scrum best practices and seek to implement them within your team.
- Value Assessment: You will assess value and develop business cases to inform the nature and scope of present and future data platform development.
- Own Product Initiatives: You will drive the successful planning and execution of all technical product initiatives for the products you own. For each project, you are responsible for managing each step of the process directly or through your team to ensure a successful outcome.
- Product Launch: You will define and project manage the launch of new data products to our users. In partnership with our operations teams, you will help train end users and create applicable documentation for your products.
- Continuous Product Improvement: You will identify and action opportunities for product improvement identified through quantitative measurement and feedback from end users.
- Other duties, as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- BS in Engineering, Economics, Mathematics, Business or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years in a technical product or analytics role at a rapidly growing company
- Minimum of 3 years healthcare experience
- Preferred experience:
- Minimum of 2 years operating in a Technical Product Analyst role (or similar)
- MA / MBA in any of the above fields
- Passionate about designing innovative data solutions to rebuild the healthcare industry as it should be
- Data driven mindset
- Ability to effectively combine understanding of industry and domain trends with knowledge of our business needs to set a forward-looking product vision for your pod.
- Motivated by pushing the boundaries of innovation while leading your team towards the future
- Comfort driving strategic and tactical product and technical decisions across a broad range of stakeholders.
- Natural tendency to take ownership of a project and coordinate the necessary resources to ensure success
- Passionate about helping others to succeed and feel comfortable providing feedback to team members
- Ability to work with cross-functional stakeholders at the most senior levels and act as a bridge between engineering and business leaders to translate complex topics to the domain of your audience and drive strategic decisions
- Ability to effectively articulate challenging concepts in both written and verbal modalities and tailor your messaging to the appropriate audience to ensure complete understanding
- Ability to efficiently context switch between multiple projects allowing you to take on several initiatives concurrently.
- Ability to leverage your understanding of business needs to prioritize your daily work for impact with limited oversight
- Someone who actively seeks out new opportunities for knowledge development and growth, and knows how to ask the right questions to solve the problem at hand
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers