Clinical Call Center Specialist
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Clinical Call Center Specialist
Location: 1520 Kensington Rd, Oak Brook, IL 60523
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Clinical Call Center Specialist helps us meet our goal of successfully managing the comprehensive care of all of our patients. Your role is to help us deliver that type of care for our patients. You will manage inbound and outbound calls by scheduling appointments, resolving patient issues when possible, and communicating patient needs and requests to the care teams in the clinics.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Centrally receive inbound calls from multiple clinics, and make outbound calls on behalf of clinics
- Update patient information and manage information in our electronic medical records system
- Schedule appointments for patients with their Oak Street provider
- Manage patient referrals by obtaining authorizations and faxing requested information to specialists
- Perform service recovery, address patient concerns, and de-escalate callers when needed
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Work closely with care team members to provide the highest level of customer service and act as an extension of the clinics
- Partner with colleagues to reach and maintain call center target metrics to ensure delivery of a positive patient experience
This role reports to the Clinical Call Center Supervisor.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, patient focused individuals with:
- A flexible and positive attitude.
- A friendly and nurturing attitude toward our patient population of older adults.
- Experience in customer service and/or clinical reception welcomed but not required.
- Experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Record) documentation preferred but not required.
- Outstanding phone demeanor and etiquette.
- High level of integrity.
- Proficient PC skills, including basic Microsoft Excel skills.
- U.S. work authorization.
- Spanish or Polish speakers welcomed but not required.
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- High levels of responsibility and opportunities for rapid advancement
- Generous retirement options, paid vacation/sick time, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers