2023 Behavioral Health Specialist Fellowship

Behavioral Health & Social Work Brooklyn, New York Phoenix, Arizona Memphis, Tennessee Dallas, Texas


Oak Street Health is launching a new graduate Behavioral Health Specialist training program. This 12-month paid training program will provide all the necessary skills, support, and learning required to become a highly confident and competent clinician for older adults.

The program will include time spent building your knowledge of evidence-based interventions and psychotropic medications, earning clinical supervision hours from a licensed clinical social worker, and engaging in didactic content that aims to build on, not repeat, graduate training. All fellows will work at Oak Street for 12 months following the completion of this program but we hope will continue to spend their careers at Oak Street improving the health of communities across the country.

Eligible Locations:
- Phoenix, AZ
- Memphis, TN
- New York, NY
- Dallas, TX

Admission Requirements 

  • Family, Adult or Adult-Gerontology Social Worker who graduated or will graduate from their training program between August  2022 and May 2023. 
  • Willing to live in Chicago, Phoenix AZ, Albuquerque NM or  New York NY for the program duration. 
  • Minimum GPA of 3.0 in MSW program. 
  • Currently holds or will hold by 9/1/2023 an active, non-probationary state lower-level social work license.

Selection Timeline 

  • All applications are due by April 30th, 2023. 
  • First-round interviews will be conducted virtually in February 2023.
  • Second-round interviews will be virtual or in person (based on applicant preference) in March  2023.
  • Final decisions will be delivered by May 15th,  2023. 


Prior to submitting the application, please ensure that you: 

  • Meet all the admission requirements
  • Have included all the required attachments:
  • CV with current work history and detailed  information on your social work internships
  • 3 written references
  • Completed application
  • MSW Diploma (if available) 
  • Unofficial graduate school transcript
  • Copy of current Social Work license (if available) If applicable, non-US residents must provide a copy of their permanent resident card/VISA/proof of eligibility to work in the US.