Manager, Contact Center Training
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Manager, Contact Center Training
The mission of Oak Street Health is to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
We are a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers delivering higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare.
The Oak Street model integrates outstanding clinical expertise, technology, and teamwork to deliver improved care quality and cost savings. These cost savings are then reinvested into care in our communities, creating a virtuous cycle of improving community health.
We are a national organization serving over 100,000 patients and we are growing rapidly. We are a diverse team of care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more -- all dedicated to our Oaky Values and motivated by our mission. We’re looking forward to getting to know you!
For more information, visit www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Manager, Contact Center Training will be responsible for the design, development, and delivery of training to all contact center team members in a 300+ facility to ensure they are prepared to perform their responsibilities to achieve world class contact center level performance. This includes initial delivery, remediation, refresher training, on-the-job training, cross training, and leadership training. This role will be responsible for the design and execution of learning circulums through utilizing adult learning methodologies and practices. The Manager, Contact Center Training will also supervise, lead and develop a team of training facilitators. This person has a passion for adult learning and will be expected to quickly develop an understanding of Sales and Service operations and processes. This person must be comfortable facilitating training for large audiences of all tenures and levels and will be expected to coach and develop training facilitators.
- Determines the training objectives by conducting the overall needs and specific skills and knowledge gaps
- Manages the development of the training curriculums and all materials, including the utilization of different platforms.
- Establish processes to monitor the results of the training participants and collect feedback on the training facilitators to determine effectiveness and identify areas of improvement
- Develop the strategy for the training team to help achieve unmatched patient experience, enable growth through sales and improved clinical care outcomes through patient care support operations.
- Work closely with leaders of Sales and Service Excellence to uncover needs and provide standardized training curriculum to new hires and incumbents.
- Work in tandem with operations leadership to ensure alignment of training programs with ongoing coaching and quality assurance effort for the site.
- Utilize a professional and engaging approach in the presentation of training programs, ensuring interactive methods are employed.
- Oversee the coaching of new hires to ensure high-performance culture during new hire onboarding.
- Incorporate training methods that support all learning styles in the delivery of training programs.
- Responsible for oversight of all training class preparation, facilitation and completion, including materials and classroom set-up/preparation.
- Maintain accuracy of training class information.
- Provide regular updates to leadership and operational partners regarding progress and/or performance of new hires and incumbents during training.
- Oversee assessments of all class participants before completion of training and progression into job role.
- Manage feedback stream from trainees for the purpose of identifying areas of opportunity and trends to enhance training curriculum.
- Coordinate with departments to arrange identified resources in support of training curriculum.
- Partner with the contact center leadership team & workforce management to execute training schedules to align with business objectives and growth projections.
- Manage and coach a team of Training Associates to develop their facilitation and coaching skills.
- Build strong partnerships and collaboration with peer training leaders to enable consistency in training programs.
- Oversee training impact measurement, reporting, and trend analysis and consult with stakeholders based on results.
- Design and develop training materials in accordance with accepted instructional design methodology virtual and classroom training.
- Oversee and prepare the training team to deliver training onsite or via web conference as needed.
- Stays current on sales and service training best practices and Oak Street Health product and process knowledge to incorporate information into training programs.
- Other duties, as assigned
What are we looking for?
- A bachelor’s degree in business, organizational development or related field is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in an inbound/outbound contact center environment preferred.
- 2-3 years of training facilitation experience in an inbound/outbound contact center environment preferred.
- 3+ years managing a successful team of trainers in a structured professional classroom setting, preferably in a contact center environment
- 3+ years of coaching training professionals on facilitation skills in adult learning..
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies
- Experience with deploying Learning management solutions
- Ability to evaluate learning data to illustrate meaningful performance trends and identify opportunity areas for learning improvement
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism, leadership, and autonomous drive
- Proven ability to lead and coach a training team
- Articulate, persuasive communicator across multiple organizational levels
- Savvy, quick thinking, and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
- Goal-oriented, self-starter, and able to flex to changing business needs and priorities
- Ability to analyze data to identify solutions
- Innovative problem-solver drawn to taking a solution-based collaborative approach with internal partners
- Experience with Google Cloud G Suite, including Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Forms preferred
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
- US work authorization
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being scrappy
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.