Senior Vice President, People
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: SVP, People
Oak Street Health believes everyone deserves great healthcare – the kind you’d want for your own family. We specialize in providing exceptional care for older adults on Medicare, often in underserved communities where there is little or no quality healthcare.
Oak Street Health is on a mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be with an innovative care model that centers on wellness-based, positive health outcomes for patients, not the volume of services provided. Our unwavering commitment to keeping patients healthy is highlighted by dedicated care teams that take time to get to know each individual, providing the personalized care they need to stay healthy and live life more fully.
We’re an organization on the move! Our rapidly growing national network of primary care centers is staffed by a diverse team of outstanding care providers, service team members, technologists, community outreach experts, business professionals, and more. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
At Oak Street Health (OSH), our innovative approach to prevention-focused primary care is powered by nearly 6,000 Oakies who work together to provide the best care anywhere to 200,000 patients - and growing. We are on a mission to Rebuild Healthcare as it Should Be.
As Senior Vice President, People you will lead People Operations for our high-growth, publicly-traded company. You will report to the Chief Clinical & People Operations Officer. At OSH, we tie core business operations and people operations together to magnify collaboration and impact; we know that people - enabled with thoughtful operational protocols, exceptional learning experiences, optimized HR support and an empowering and inclusive culture - drive our success.
This is a high-visibility role and will be bolstered by a deep organizational commitment to building an industry-leading people-focused organization. You will lead key talent functions including talent acquisition, talent analytics, performance management, employee relations, and HR field operations. You will also lead our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts, which underpin all aspects of our work.
You must be a nuanced, intentional and inspiring leader, a focused operator, and a creative and strategic thinker who plans pragmatically, communicates effectively, collaborates skillfully and executes with urgency. You will directly lead a team of at least 5 functional people experts and a composite team of 40+ Oakies. You will collaborate closely and expertly with the SVP, Learning and SVP, Clinical Operations as well as with corporate and field-based leaders to ensure cohesive, encompassing people strategies that drive our business forward.
- Skillfully lead a high-impact People Operations team in designing effective and seamless people operations structures while also excelling in the execution of those programs
- Drive a relentless organizational focus on employee engagement while advancing our position in healthcare as the Greatest Place to Work
- Expertly lead an internal talent acquisition function - for corporate and field-based roles - that yields best-in-industry recruitment results
- Further our positioning as a Leader in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, including supporting the application of DE&I practices in our people processes, programs and policies
- Spearhead a culture of people and empowerment that supports our scalability and positions us for continued performance innovation.
- Occupy a high impact role at Oak Street; serve as a bridge builder and thought leader who takes concerted action to inspire, align, engage and empower our workforce.
- Partner closely with field and corporate leaders across the company to translate desired business outcomes into people strategies.
- Implement, administer and optimize solutions, tools and systems that support our rapid growth, reduce friction for our employees and enable highly dependable
- Enhance our data-driven approach to people operations, including utilizing the measurement of people outcomes to define new strategies and approaches.
- Other duties as assigned
What are we looking for?
- Minimum 8 years professional experience in HR and/or people operations
- Bachelor's degree required; graduate degree strongly preferred
- Proven experience leading foundational HR functions, with preference for demonstrated success in leading field-based HR partnerships, talent acquisition and/or data-driven people practices
- Superior management and leadership skills; intentional culture carrier who models the way and inspires others
- Proven ability to think critically and exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent ability to build relationships and influence decision making at all levels of an organization
- Exceptional ability to synergize the efforts of individuals and teams to accomplish goals of the company
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of the time.
- US work authorization
What does being “Oaky” look like?
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and delivering results
- Being relentlessly determined
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- Fast-paced and innovative environment
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation and sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, and health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.