Medical Records Specialist
Company: Oak Street Health (1420 Kensington Rd. Oak Brook, IL)
Title: Medical Records Specialist
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Medical Records Specialist is a vital member of the Third Party Services team and Medical Management Department at Oak Street Health. S/he champions the organization's mission to provide high quality patient care by improving care coordination through medical records retrieval. The Medical Records Specialist ensures timely and effective retrieval of medical records from previous physicians and for referral appointments, an essential aspect of ensuring continuity of care for our patients.
- Access master list of outstanding records requests daily and track status of all requests
- Retrieve medical records by following standard procedures
- Upload medical records to patient charts within the EMR by following established routing procedures
- Maintain patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential
- Keep health care providers informed by communicating availability and status of the records
- Maintain contact list for all external facilities and develop relationships with medical records staff at those facilities
- Pursue process improvement opportunities within workflow and technology tools
- Other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- A flexible and positive attitude
- Strong computer skills and basic knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Experience in customer service setting
- Professional phone etiquette
- High level of integrity
- Proficient PC skills
- US work authorization
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Supportive and fun culture
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers