Behavioral Health Specialist (LCSW, Bilingual Spanish Required)
Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Behavioral Health Specialist (LCSW)
Location: 822 Summit St. #B4 Elgin, IL 60120
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing company of primary care centers for adults on Medicare in medically-underserved communities where there is little to no quality healthcare. Oak Street’s care is based on an entirely new model that is based on value for its patients, not on volume of services. The company is accountable for its patients’ health, spending more than twice as long with its patients and taking on the risks and costs of their care. For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
The Behavioral Health Specialist is key resource for Care Teams across a region of Oak Street Health primary clinics. S/he is responsible for coordinating and supporting behavioral healthcare for our patients, in collaboration with Care Teams and a psychiatric consultant. The Behavioral Health Social Worker will assess the needs of patients, make referrals to appropriate behavioral health resources and specialists, and provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments as indicated.
This role has the potential option for remote work days based upon achievement and maintenance of program metrics.
- Collaborate with the primary care teams to identify appropriate patients to refer into the Oak Street Behavioral Health program
- Screen and assess patients for common mental health and substance use disorders
- Develop care plans and provide or facilitate referrals to Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant and/or external resources
- Provide short-term counseling and evidence-based treatments
- Coordinate care with Oak Street’s psychiatric consultant, including warm hand offs for telehealth visits and collaboration on care plans
- Develop relationships with primary care teams and consistently communicate changes in behavioral health care plans
- Accurate and timely documentation of patient encounters and counseling sessions in Oak Street’s electronic medical record
- Participate in regional and organizational efforts to advance Oak Street’s Behavioral Health program through workshops, feedback sessions and surveys
- Other duties, as assigned
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for motivated, experienced licensed clinical social workers with:
- A problem-solving orientation and a flexible and positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team setting
- Experience and passion for working with behavioral health conditions
- Enthusiasm for working with older adults
- Comfort supporting patients with co-occurring behavioral health and substance abuse issues
- Experience with screening for common mental health and/or substance use disorders.
- Experience with assessment and treatment planning for common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Working knowledge of differential diagnosis of common mental health and/or substance use disorders
- Working knowledge of evidence-based psychosocial treatments for common mental health disorders
- Familiarity with brief, structured intervention techniques (e.g., Motivational Interviewing, Behavioral Activation)
- Proficient PC skills
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”. What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers advantages that can’t be found in other clinical workplaces, including:
- The opportunity to be part of a hyper-growth company, focused on changing the future of healthcare.
- Paid vacation/sick time, retirement options, as well as health, vision and dental benefits
- Brand new, beautiful working environment
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Supportive and fun culture
- Opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare
Why does Oak Street Health offer all of these benefits? Because we know what it takes to deliver the highest level of care, and our team deserves the best resources to succeed and enjoy their work. In return, we expect the best out of co-workers.
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers