Youth Program Implementation Associate
New York Road Runners (NYRR) was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club into the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to help and inspire through running, aiming to empower people of all ages and abilities to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s year-round offerings of races, community events, programs, and training resources provide hundreds of thousands of people with the motivation, know-how, and opportunities to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top professional runners and committed amateurs alike, while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for New York City. NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire children in underserved communities in New York City, nationwide, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR is a 501(c)(3) organization. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
NYRR’s Youth & Community Programs Department is dedicated to growing NYRR’s impact and reach through free programs serving youth and adults in communities of New York City and across the country. We believe in the power of running, movement, and social interaction to build physical and mental strength and we encourage people of all ages and abilities to participate in-person or online in our programs and events. Our programs embody NYRR’s mission of helping and inspiring all people through running.
The Youth & Community Programs Department oversees the strategy, execution, and promotion of NYRR’s portfolio of free and impactful programs, including Rising New York Road Runners, NYRR Run for the Future, NYRR Open Run, NYRR Striders, and resources for athletes with disabilities. These programs inspire kids, young adults, adults, and seniors to get moving and stay moving for life. We offer valuable online resources, virtual classes, and educational webinars in addition to in-person opportunities including classes, events, training sessions and races. As a department, our goal is to foster our communities’ lifelong desire to run and to prioritize health and wellness.
The department closely collaborates with NYRR’s Development & Philanthropy Department, whose primary role is to raise funds for NYRR’s various philanthropic efforts. The Development & Philanthropy Department oversees individual and institutional giving, NYRR’s membership program, and NYRR Team for Kids, a team of adult runners who raise funds for NYRR’s youth programs through training and racing.
About the Position
The Youth Program Implementation Associate is the primary and most direct link to schools and community-based organizations that implement Rising New York Road Runners. They are assigned sites from New York City and National locations to provide customer support and training to those implementing and administering the program.
- Manage a caseload of approximately 350 sites located around the five boroughs and across the nation by communicating on a continuous basis with via phone, e-mail and virtual and/or in-person visits to guide and educate Program Leads and assess program integrity
- Provide general customer support to Play Passholders and encourage them to upgrade to Program Pass as appropriate
- Promote the program philosophy and model of Physical Literacy and Long-term Athlete Development
- Document all site management efforts in Salesforce and run reports when required
- Respond to all inquiries and requests for information through troubleshooting and coordinating with team members, escalating issues to supervisor when needed
- Train on-site Program Leads who implement and coordinate the program and provide technical assistance with their online account
- Use data and reporting to target pro-active support for sites with various levels of engagement and conduct virtual office hours to increase personalized support
- Inform on-site staff of upcoming events, trainings, promotions, and important deadlines
- Collect feedback from Program Leads as needed to help internal program decisions related to content, engagement, operations, and other areas
- Motivate users to access and utilize the content and curriculum available in PLAYBuilder
- Motivate sites towards achieving the targets in the incentive and site rewards program and monitor accounts to ensure all required information is entered in a timely manner
- Manage, approve, and facilitate customer-facing operational processes including application, renewals, event/participation waivers and other program engagement components
- Assist in formal and informal testing of new systems and processes for program implementation
- Work multiple weekday and weekend days a year at major NYRR and YCS events, in accordance with the youth events participation policy
- Perform other tasks as needed by supervisor
- At least two years of relevant work experience
- Experience as an athlete at any level, including recreational, is preferred
- Experience working with youth
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook)
- Proficient in using Salesforce or similar CRM platform
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Team focus and the ability to relate to and work with diverse populations
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to train teachers and staff in program operations
- Initiative to identify and offer suggestions for improvements or enhancements
- Heart, humor, and a commitment to our youth services mission
- Represent NYRR in school, community and professional meetings and events as appropriate
- Comfortable with and willing to travel throughout NYC. Knowledge of NYC neighborhoods a plus
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer