Strategic Partnerships Coordinator
New York Road Runners was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club to the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to empower everyone, of all ages and abilities—beginners and competitive athletes, the young and the elderly, adult professionals and underserved schoolchildren—to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s races, community events, instruction and training resources, and youth programs give hundreds of thousands of people each year the motivation, know-how, and opportunity to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top pro runners and committed amateurs alike while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for the City. But NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs that educate and inspire more than 100,000 kids in underserved communities in New York City, all 50 states, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR implements a unique nonprofit model that teams contributed and earned income to make all its efforts possible. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
Strategic Partnerships is responsible for developing revenue-generating partnerships from corporate and community-based organizations and managing those relationships. Partnerships vary from year-round engagement to specific races and events. They work closely with all of NYRR’s departments to develop programs that maximize revenue opportunities and ensure NYRR‘s partners’ objectives are being met. Licensing & Merchandising provides merchandising services to every area of the company. Internal merchandising services include managing the development of all weekly race premiums; premiums for community programs; development and distribution of staff clothing and any all product needs for the organization.
About the Position
Reporting to the Director of Licensing and Merchandising/Strategic Partnerships, the Coordinator assists in all day-to-day operations of the department including corporate partnership management, vendor communication and event execution. The Coordinator will work in a team environment, and be assigned to support a number of partners and events in the NYRR portfolio. The position requires some work on evenings and weekends, to supervise partner-sponsored programs at the NYRR RunCenter featuring the New Balance RunHub and NYRR races including the TCS New York City Marathon and related events. The ideal candidate is organized, proactive, has experience executing sponsorships/ live events, understands the principles of customer service, and thrives in a collaborative environment. Coordinators will gain exposure to a wide variety of learning opportunities and support a variety of tasks and projects.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Support partner relations responsibilities, managing variety of administrative tasks including: status call scheduling; drafting of agendas, project plans, meeting notes and recaps; research; and budget and asset tracking
- Manage a variety of data entry projects including partner race entry management, credentialing and ticketing
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues and cross-functional departments to ensure sponsorship deal points are executed on time, including social/digital content, volunteer opportunities, signage and more
- Attend assigned races and support event execution in all weather conditions to ensure partner deliverables are managed successfully (may include signage installation, hospitality tent activations, product distribution/gifting, speaking opportunities coordination, volunteer management)
- Inventory creative assets currently with licensees and distribute creative assets as applicable and on an ongoing basis
- Write creative briefs and help route materials through departments for approvals
- Write and track POs until they are delivered to their end destination
- Lead maintenance of product records and sample stockroom and inventory for all licensees, including archiving of samples. Includes interfacing with licensee on current sample requirements.
- Assist in requesting, collecting and organizing licensee/partner line sheets, sell-in & sell-thru data, retail updates, marketing & merchandising plans, etc.
- Support the development of event and annual partnership recaps
- Assist in researching potential new partners
- Stay apprised of competitive and marketplace trends via various means
- Provide general support to Strategic Partnerships team for seasonal projects throughout the year
- Showcase effective decision-making, critical thinking and proactivity to meet deadlines
- Adapt to feedback and instruction and apply learning to projects
- Familiarity with corporate sponsorship/marketing
- Previous employment with a sports organization, licensing department, non-profit, marketing team or integrated marketing agency
- Project management and customer service experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge of running industry preferred but not required
- Outstanding organizational skills including impeccable attention to detail, time management, and a strong sense of personal accountability
- Ability to work independently, using good judgement, resourcefulness and the ability to sustain productivity under pressure
- Comfortable with data and demonstrates the ability to make recommendations based on data analysis
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- High level of competency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) as well as Outlook. Working knowledge of Salesforce a plus.
- Ability to display positive attitude and remain flexible
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sense of ownership, responsibility, and accountability
- English fluency required
Education & Certifications:
- College degree in Marketing, Communications, Hospitality, Merchandising or related field, or two years of related experience preferred
- Comfortable communicating with large groups of people and working in a live event capacity
- Ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Ability to work outdoors for long-periods of time (standing and/or sitting)
- Ability to communicate with the general public
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer