Internal Communications Manager, Marketing
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Internal Communications Manager supports the development and execution of internal communications to inform and engage employees, grow organizational culture, and instill the NYCEDC brand and mission across departments and divisions. The position is part of the Marketing team, and is a partner to the Human Resources department, the Office of the President, and other teams. The Internal Communications Manager provides timely, thoughtful support in drafting internal emails, planning content for digital screens and other in-office media, maintaining and developing the NYCEDC intranet, and organizing periodic companywide events. The Internal Communications Manager is both a “people person” able to liaise with colleagues at various levels; and meticulous, with a keen eye for detail throughout communications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop content (gather, write, edit) for internal emails, digital screens, and other media
- Develop ideas to foster employee engagement around external work, and internal policies and initiatives
- Support the maintenance and development of the companywide intranet, partnering with the Management and Information Systems (MIS) department, and liaising across departments to ensure current and relevant content
- Stay up to date on external messaging (press releases, newsletters, executive speeches, social media) and explore and adapt ways to share internally
- Support the drafting of executive-level communications, both for the NYCEDC board and from the Office of the President
- Support and advise Human Resources-led communications
- Help organize and execute internal events (quarterly town halls, annual companywide meeting)
- Support the maintenance of the NYCEDC style guide and advise on internal usage
- Support the creation of an internal communications strategy
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 3-5 years of writing-related experience in Marketing, Communications, or related field; previous internal communications, economic development, or public service experience a plus
- Ability to write, edit, and proofread to ensure consistent style and organizational tone and voice
- Ability to verbally communicate well and in a professional manner with different audiences
- Experience updating websites through a content management system (CMS); SharePoint a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Interest in shaping organizational culture a plus
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.