Analyst, Real Estate Transactions Services
NYCEDC’s vision and mission: Our vision is to make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses. Our mission is to make investments in strengthening neighborhoods and spurring the creation of good jobs.
NYCEDC’s Real Estate Transaction Services Department (RETS): The RETS department is the City’s primary department for financial analysis, structuring, and the execution of real estate and economic development transactions. RETS promotes economic development and neighborhood revitalization by leveraging City-owned real estate and partnerships with the private sector.
Your Role: The Analyst will work in a team of real estate finance and development professionals on projects central to NYC’s economic development and housing goals. The Analyst will perform financial analyses to help the City evaluate a development project’s economic impact. In addition, the Analyst will assist senior staff on multiple real estate development and financing transactions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain detailed financial models of major New York City development projects (measuring, among other things, IRRs and NPVs)
- Prepare site development and project feasibility analyses
- Draft requests for proposals
- Assist in negotiating contracts of sale, leases, and funding agreements
- Analyze and present findings and recommendations to project teams and senior staff in written and verbal form and brief senior officials of NYCEDC and other City agencies on the project status
- Conduct presentations to elected officials, community stakeholders, NYCEDC Board of Trustees
- Advise members of the real estate and business communities about incentives and programs available in New York City and evaluate requested and offered business & development incentives
- Foster and manage relationships with real estate developers, attorneys, urban planners, consultants, elected officials and community stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate degree required
- 0-2 years professional experience
- Outstanding academic record
- Demonstrated quantitative skills and experience developing economic models in Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of economic development issues, affordable housing programs and NYC government processes preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to look at the big picture and search for insightful, creative solutions to economic development challenges
- Proactive, resourceful, organized and results-oriented
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.