Senior Compliance Analyst, Capital Program
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC’s Capital Program is responsible for channeling New York City’s capital budget investments into design and construction projects that advance the City’s economic development. The Capital Program’s staff consists of design and construction professionals; administrative staff; and project support analysts who work together to provide physical infrastructure, facilities, and amenities. We work to strengthen the City’s competitive position through the implementation of a wide variety of municipal construction projects.Position Overview: The Capital Program’s Senior Compliance Analyst is responsible for leading the implementation of the department’s prevailing wage compliance procedures across our portfolio of design and construction projects. The Senior Compliance Analyst will work alongside Project Managers, Project Supervisors, and Project Support Analysts both in the office and on construction sites to ensure that consultants and contractors have processes in place reflecting local, state, and federal wage regulations. The Senior Compliance Analyst will also be tasked with monitoring project budgets, executing contract documents, reviewing progress payments, and ensuring compliance with any other contractual requirements for an assigned portfolio of projects on an as needed basis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review monthly invoices for appropriate documentation and required contract compliance. Draft and review contracts, amendments, change orders, and task orders for execution and approval. Issue wage determinations for federally funded contracts.
- Review and track insurance certificates and other compliance from project consultants.
- Conduct quarterly visits to construction sites to review visibility of required labor posting and to audit accurately of job classifications.
- Interview workers directly on site to confirm employer compliance with prevailing wage and/or Davis Bacon Act requirements.
- Interface with contractors and consultants to obtain copies of financial records as needed.
- Maintain thorough records of all audits, site visits, and interviews.
- Provide quarterly updates on the implementation of the Capital Program’s prevailing wage protocol.
- Guide Project Managers through both NYCEDC’s and the City’s various approval
- Coordinate with multiple departments at EDC including but not limited to Budget, Contracts, Accounting, Legal, and
- Provide excellent customer service to Project Management
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2-4+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to clearly communicate with management, external stakeholders, and senior leaders.
- Prior experience with prevailing wage law or the construction industry is preferred.
- Ability to build relationships and work as a team player.
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to evaluate project needs and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Basic understanding of budgeting or scheduling
- Experience in public procurement or project
- Familiarity with Federal, State, or Local processes or procedures is preferred.
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!