Project Support Administrator
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Compliance Department (“Compliance”) is responsible for the management, reporting, and oversight of a portfolio consisting of NYCEDC land sales, NYCEDC loan and guarantee programs, and the New York City Industrial Development Agency and Build NYC Resource Corporation and NYC Neighborhood Capital Corporation (collectively, the “Affiliated Entities”) post-closing transactions.
The Project Support Administrator will provide administrative and project management support for various Compliance activities. This position will report to the Vice President and will also provide critical support to the entire department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Assist Compliance project managers who monitor a portfolio of projects of NYCEDC and Affiliated Entities by:
- Maintaining and updating various data in the department database.
- Drafting correspondence and memos.
- Performing site visits
- Contacting clients via phone and email to verify document and project compliance
- Providing administrative and logistical support, including but not limited to:
- Perform general departmental office support, including checking voicemails left on the department’s “hotline”, processing mail, handling delivery requests, photocopying, scanning, maintaining departmental files and records, coordinating department’s inventory supply.
- Manage and update a departmental calendar of important deadlines, meetings and events; and
- Assist processing items such as check requests, expense reports, human resources forms, conference attendance, etc.
- Other duties, as assigned, to support project managers in carrying out their responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-2 years of professional experience in providing administrative and logistical support to a group
- Strong interpersonal skills, professional demeanor and ability to communicate with and present to executive level managers
- High degree of multi-tasking and time management capability Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Integrity and professionalism
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Travel across the five boroughs of New York as required to perform project and/or company-related tasks as directed
- Must obtain/maintain New York City residency within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
- Tax, audit, legal, or financial experience, experience or familiarity with tax policy, finance and/or real estate
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.