Executive Vice President, Asset Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Executive Vice President (EVP) for Asset Management is responsible for leading NYCEDC’s Asset Management Division and implements the overall strategy for a variety of assets across all five boroughs of New York City. The Asset Management division pursues a double-bottom line strategy, targeting not just economic returns but also multiple social metrics including but not limited to job creation and growing equitable neighborhoods. The division-wide portfolio encompasses property types including those that are standard in the real estate industry (retail, commercial, industrial), port assets (NY Cruise, rail, maritime and aviation) as well as assets particular to the public sector (public retail and wholesale markets, Broadway and non-profit theaters, and affordable industrial and commercial campuses).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chief Operating Officer to identify opportunities to reposition EDC's existing portfolio assets and maximize operating potential
- Manages the overall profit and loss of the portfolio while working with senior staff colleagues throughout the corporation to align the portfolio's profit with the broader economic development goals
- Works with COO to ensure proper coordination of asset strategy. Provide support for real estate acquisitions and ground lease dispositions as needed
- Sets divisional budget targets for associated revenues and expenses
- Maintains oversight of daily assest operations including: facilities management, tenant management, leasing, capital implementation, and enforcement
- Manages portfolio risk and liability including corporate insurance
- Supports lease negotiations with prospective tenants as well as develops strategies and budgets for leasing, marketing, annual operating expenses, and capital improvements
- Understands market conditions and trends, identifies and recommends new initiatives, and reports findings to executive staff
- Works closely with the President’s Office and City Administration to ensure clear communications, establishes priorities and develops and executes strategies
- Collaborates with leadership from other divisions and departments to establish roles and responsibilities on inter-disciplinary projects, problem solve and achieve alignment between groups
- Master’s Degree in, real estate or related field
- 10+ years of experience in leading a multi-functional asset management group
- Prior experience working in the public sector, with NYC government experience preferred
- Agile and results focused creative thinker who possesses both economic and political acumen
- Experience managing a profit center and identifying strategies to improve operating expenditures
- Proven competencies in project leadership and managing work priorities in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience coaching, and managing staff, conflict resolution and providing staff opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills with an ability to create partnerships internally and externally; demonstrated expertise in stakeholder engagement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present publicly, to NYCEDC and City leadership
- Ability to solve problems and respond to urgent issues by mobilizing and directing appropriate resources
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects involving multiple public and private stakeholders
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.