Senior Project Manager, Capital Program
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Capital Program department is responsible for design and construction of a wide variety of projects throughout New York City. Department staff consists of professional Engineers/Architects/Landscape Architects and planners.
Your Role: A Senior Project Manager (SPM) in the Capital Program Department (CAP) manages all aspects of design and construction of a variety of projects in New York City. Project types include waterfront development, buildings - new construction & renovation, major infrastructure and public open spaces.
The SPM will be responsible for the implementation of a portfolio of approximately 6-10 active capital projects with a total project value of approximately $100 million+.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design & Construction:
- Serves as prime contact on contracts or projects through all phases of development, from procurement of the architecture, engineering and construction team to existing conditions assessments, programming, feasibility studies, estimating and budgeting, schematic design through construction documentation, regulatory submissions, bidding, construction, and project close-out.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Communicates effectively and independently across all levels of the corporation.
- Creates, builds and develops interpersonal relationships
- Effectively manages a variety of work to required standards of quality, quantity and timeliness
- Execute a risk based management approach to project delivery which includes: identifying project risk, forecasting project risk and appropriately mitigating project risk.
- Lead and influence project teams to achieve desired outcomes.
- Prioritizes work; delegates as necessary.
- Continuing Education in the fields of Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, and/or Urban Planning
- Knowledge of industry standards
- Interdepartmental Coordination:
- Contributes to the completion of specific projects
- Correctly interpret and apply NYCEDC policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree required in Engineering, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban planning, Economics, Business Administration or related field.
- Preferably working towards professional registration (PE, RA, RIA, AICP, CUD, CCM. PMP)
- 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience in architecture, construction, real estate development, owner’s representation or a related field
- Strong project management abilities
- Strong computer, written and verbal skills
- Proficiency and experience with construction, building management and maintenance software preferred
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must obtain/maintain New York City residency within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.