Project Manager, Citywide Project Support, Government and Community Relations
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Project Manager for Citywide Project Support within the Government and Community Relations Department will be responsible for managing stakeholder engagement for projects in the citywide transportation and industry initiatives portfolio, as well as special projects as assigned. The Project Manager will be asked to support cross-departmental projects that will touch upon a wide variety of industries and external partners. The Project Manager will be staffed on multiple projects, thus should have the ability to manage several projects against tight timelines, as well clear communication when they need additional support. This position will report to the Assistant Vice President of Citywide Transportation and Initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Citywide Initiatives & Transportation
- With guidance from the AVP of Citywide Transportation and Initiatives, create public, elected official and stakeholder engagement and multi-faceted communications strategies.
- Develop relationship with stakeholders, establish trust and a positive rapport. Ability to manage up and seek guidance on next steps.
- Support a portfolio of cross-departmental or cross-agency projects, ensure external project objectives are achieved, actively monitor and track progress of public commitments and project goals to serve New Yorkers.
- Effectively create and deliver presentations, memorandums, and other materials for various audiences (e.g., senior EDC staff, City Hall staff, partner agencies, public hearings, external stakeholders)
- Identify and develop strategies to solve simple issues and work with manager on strategy for more complex problems.
- Departmental Support
- Provide project/administrative support for other GovCo Team members on short-term, interim, and long-term projects as needed
- Manages ongoing processes for the GovCo team, including, but not limited to weekly reports, newsletters, correspondence, webinars, and ongoing strategic engagement between NYCEDC leadership and key external stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Liberal arts, political science, public policy, psychology, sociology, etc. preferred
- At least 1-2 years of experience working with elected officials, public agencies, government affairs, communications, community relations, and/or community-based organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong research skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Highly organized individual, capable of prioritizing competing interests and managing multiple projects in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- Experience advancing and staffing a principal preferred, ideally a government or elected official.
- Must obtain/maintain New York City residency within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.