Multimedia Content Developer, Business Development
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and equitable economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Business Development Multimedia Content Developer is a position within the Marketing Department that will provide creative support across the broader External Affairs (EA) Division, including the Public Affairs and Government & Community Relations departments. The EA Division is responsible for external audience engagement— helping NYCEDC connect with the general public, partners and stakeholders within a broad range of industries, initiatives, projects and communities.
The goal of this position: to communicate NYC’s status as a premier place for business, and to document and showcase NYCEDC’s work supporting business attraction, industry initiatives, and community growth across the five boroughs.
The Multimedia Content Developer’s focus: to communicate the benefit and human impact of NYCEDC’s projects through the creation of engaging visual content, and share the story of NYC’s recovery. The visual content the Multimedia Content Developer creates will support business development campaigns, EA engagement plans, media relations, digital/social media, organizational storytelling, brand development, and the growth and evolution of NYCEDC’s website.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create image-based visual content that supports NYC business development campaign goals
- Create and support digital, social media and website content needs across the External Affairs division
- Videography and photography of NYCEDC press events, project milestones and external moments
- Act as NYCEDC’s representative when in the field, communicating respectfully, responsibly and professionally
- Assist in supplementing NYCEDC’s digital asset management platform
- Assist in curating content on NYCEDC internal video screens
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Established proficiency in on location photography, videography, and editing, drone photography experience is useful; must provide a portfolio of work (digital photography samples and a video reel) for review
- Experience in traditional video editing, sound design and compositing with established proficiency in Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere and Adobe Photoshop; After Effects experience a plus
- Demonstrated experience in visual storytelling; experience in journalistic/documentary photography and creation of B2B/corporate/nonprofit visual content a plus
- Social media visual execution experience necessary; animation and motion graphics experience a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills; agility and excellent time management skills
- Ability to travel to press events and project sites in NYC
- Ability to lift and transport photography and video equipment to event sites
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
Position Funding: This position is funded by International Business Development funds provided by external funding. Employment will be contingent upon the continued receipt of funds. Funds are expected until August 31, 2024. Employment at NYCEDC is at will and may be terminated by employee or company at any time regardless of funding.
About Us: NYCEDC is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that creates shared prosperity across New York City by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. NYCEDC works with and for communities to provide them with the resources they need to thrive, and invests in projects that increase sustainability, support job growth, develop talent, and spark innovation to strengthen the City’s competitive advantage.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world.
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.