Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The women.nyc Initiative: The women.nyc Initiative: women.nyc is a groundbreaking initiative that not only inspires women to advance their careers, but also provides them with the real tools they need for success. From small-business resources to tech training to free salary negotiation workshops, women.nyc offers a growing portfolio of resources for working women.
Your Internship: NYCEDC is searching for a highly capable college student to work as a paid intern on the women.nyc initiative, which aims to make NYC the best city in America for women to launch and sustain their careers and businesses. Candidates must demonstrate an interest in women’s career advancement, possess research, writing and social media skills, and have the ability to work collaboratively. Exact schedules will be determined in consultation with the Intern.
- Write articles and calendar listings on a variety of topics relating to women, careers and small businesses in New York
- Research new and existing city initiatives and projects
- Populate and maintain a calendar of events
- Assist in promoting the campaign’s social media presence
- Help manage programs
- Staff women.nyc events
- Working towards a Bachelor’s degree
- Strong writing and interviewing skills
- Strong social media chops
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Problem solving, especially with innovative and creative solutions
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to requests for information
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.