Analyst, Insurance & Risk Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Analyst, Insurance & Risk Management, will support the Vice President in identifying, analyzing and mitigating risks in a manner that aligns with the overall NYCEDC operational strategy. In conjunction with the VP, the Analyst will also work with NYCEDC’s Project Managers and Legal team to handle day-to-day questions about general operations, addressing those internal and external risk, and performing administrative tasks. The Analyst will assist in creating corporate best-practices and other projects as delegated by the Vice President. The successful candidate will enjoy addressing challenging scenarios with an analytical, creative, and flexible approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Correctly identify and apply third-party insurance requirements; provide guidance to employees on applicability, when necessary
- Review, assess, identify and correct any insurance waiver deficiencies and modification requests made by third parties prior to review and approval
- Provide input, in conjunction with NYCEDC’s Legal team and Project Managers on small purchase and event-related contracts to analyze exposure and provide guidance on required coverages and limits
- Maintain all invoice and expense tracking files; create actual vs budget annual reports
- Process all payment requests, signoffs, and documentation regarding NYCEDC’s Captive Insurance Company
- Assist the VP in documenting ongoing updates to best practices and procedures manuals relating to Corporation’s needs/goals
- Liaise with NYCEDC’s Asset Management and Project Managers to gather COPE, address and TIV information; maintain schedule of values and corresponding insurance budget and allocation information by asset
- Review insurance quotes, binders, and policies for accuracy
- Update and review insurance renewal submissions on all lines of business and new policy placements, prior to review by VP
- Complete general administrative tasks including scanning, saving, and processing all insurance-related documentation
- Obtain, review and submit appropriate documentation to support all property-related loss claims that exceed the deductible
- Identify post-loss action items on casualty claims then work with the appropriate department to address any operating concerns
- Monitor claim activity to identify positive and negative trends and research root causes
- Attend local industry conferences, seminars and events, as recommended and when work permits
- Facilitate the issuance of COIs, when required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; Risk Management and Insurance major preferable
- 2-3 years’ relevant commercial insurance broker and/or risk management experience; real estate/construction preferable
- Extremely detailed oriented; strong analytical skills with regard to document review and problem solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels required
- Dedicated to customer service, and client coverage
- Strong sense of urgency and responsibility in achieving goals; ability to manage competing deadlines
- Enterprising, resourceful, and adaptable with a results-oriented approach towards work
- Ability to manage projects in a pro-active and collaborative fashion against tight timelines/competing needs in a cross-departmental, team-oriented culture
- General computer skills (MS Office a must) with emphasis on intermediate-to-advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Must have propensity for learning and relating various computer programs/databases related to the growing needs of the function
- Strong focus on creating efficiencies
- Personable, reliable, and adaptable nature a must
- New York City residency within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.