Junior Grants Accountant
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
NYCEDC’s Grants Department is responsible for overseeing and facilitating the management of each project as it relates to grants, from grant application through closeout. The Grants Department coordinates with NYCEDC Project Managers and other departments to ensure appropriate oversight of all grants, including legal and fiscal compliance, financial management, reporting, and reimbursement. The NYCEDC grants portfolio includes over 200 federal, state, and local grants totaling over $3 billion.
Your Role: The Junior Grants Accountant, under the direction of the Vice President-Fiscal, is responsible for EDC’s grant fiscal management and reimbursement, grants fiscal operations and tracking and related reporting. The Junior Grants Accountant will also coordinate with EDC project teams to ensure compliance with all grant requirements.
- Ensure accurate and prompt reporting of grant spending and reimbursement.
- Reconcile grant payments and balances. Maintain systems and processes for grant financial tracking and posting.
- Ensure reconciliation of revenue accounting entries.
- Maintaining EDC’s Grants Management System (GMS).
- Manage submission of quarterly reimbursement requests to grantors.
- Manage internal relationships with the EDC Budget and Accounting teams and external relationships with grantors and other agencies.
- Advise EDC project teams regarding grant requirements and critical deadlines. Coordinate the timely submission of required documents to grantors.
- Submit revenue accounting entries in the City’s Financial Management System (FMS).
- Support audit readiness and response.
- Support NYC year end close and Federal Single Audit.
- Support Grants department administrative functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or a related field.
- 1 year of relevant experience desired in management, federal grants, fiscal audits, FMS, budgeting, contracts and or public procurement.
- Ability to build relationships, work across all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Dynamic GP. Advanced excel skills required
- Critical thinking with ability to define problems and identify and execute timely solutions.
- Self-starter with excellent analytical and time-management skills.
- Ability to read, interpret and analyze financial documents.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Highly organized individual, in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire.
- Please include a cover letter with your application.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.