Associate, Real Estate Transaction Services
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Real Estate Transaction Services Department (RETS) is the City’s primary department for financial analysis, structuring, and the execution of real estate and economic development transactions. RETS promotes economic development and neighborhood revitalization by leveraging City-owned real estate and partnerships with the private sector.
Position Overview: As an Associate, you will work on a team of real estate finance and development professionals on projects crucial to implementing New York City’s economic development goals. The Associate will perform financial analysis and manage multiple real estate development transactions under the supervision of senior staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Administer multiple real estate and/or economic development transactions
- Assist in negotiating contracts of sale, leases, and funding agreements
- Build and maintain detailed financial models of major New York City development projects
- Prepare site development and project feasibility analyses
- Draft requests for proposals
- Analyze and present findings and recommendations to project teams and senior staff in written and verbal form and brief senior officials of NYCEDC and other City agencies on the project status
- Conduct presentations to elected officials, community stakeholders, NYCEDC Board of Trustees
- Collaborate with colleagues in other departments in NYCEDC, such as Legal, Planning, Government & Community Relations and Development
- Foster and manage relationships with real estate developers, attorneys, urban planners, consultants, elected officials and community stakeholders
- Bachelors Degree in business, real estate development, public policy, urban planning, finance or law required, Graduate Degree preferred.
- 2-4 years experience in urban planning, real estate banking, real estate development, finance and/or public policy required
- Familiarity and experience with project management duties including project implementation from conception to completion
- Proven strength in the use of spreadsheets, database and presentation applications, including
- Excel and PowerPoint
- Understanding of economic development issues and NYC Government preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written, verbal and analytical skills
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.