HR Business Partner, Human Resources
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: Reporting into the Vice President, the HR Business Partner will be a member of the Business Partner team and will be responsible for driving and executing HR initiatives across the organization and ensuring proper support in all steps of the “employees’ life cycle”. As a member of our dynamic team, you will be responsible for providing support and guidance to internal client groups in the areas of: employee relations, performance management, employee engagement, organizational development, talent acquisition, talent management, and operations.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated and hands-on HR professional that thrives in a fast-paced complex work environment. You are a team player willing to assist and jump in wherever necessary and enjoy collaborating and working with various functions within HR and across all levels of the organization.
- Build effective and trusted relationships and partnerships with management and staff that will continue to foster NYCEDC's high performing and engaged culture.
- Address employee relations issues by providing guidance to managers and employees. Ensure a fair, positive, and timely resolution.
- Provide performance management guidance to management, such as coaching, counseling, and career development.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to employees and managers.
- Handle onboarding of new employees to ensure a seamless, high-touch experience which includes conducting the new hire orientation and new hire check-ins.
- Handle the offboarding process which includes conducting exit interviews, equipment collection, etc.
- Act as a liaison with the Talent Acquisition team as it relates to recruitment; job requisition forms, job description library, open jobs report, & referral tracking.
- Support the execution of company-wide annual HR programs and initiatives, including the annual performance evaluation process (preparation for performance reviews, promotions, and compensation).
- Review and analyze annual engagement survey results with department leaders and managers and create and implement a plan to address areas of opportunity.
- Lead various HR projects throughout the year.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Human Resources
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization. Must be client focused.
- Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, with multiple competing deadlines
- Strong expertise in HR laws, practices, procedures, and policies required
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects from end to end
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as good presentation skills.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment and problem solving, and handle confidential information with discretion.
- Strong analytic and quantitative skills
- Strong leadership qualities and relationship building skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point); ability to learn new systems/technology
- New York City residency requirement within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.