Senior Vice President, Marketing
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Senior Vice President of Marketing leads the effort to create, manage and implement the organization’s marketing strategy, including brand management. This individual is also responsible for developing a vision for and implementing marketing activities across all channels that support our vision and mission.
The SVP, Marketing will lead all aspects of plan development and execution to create awareness and engagement for projects that drive growth and investment across sectors and boroughs, focusing on strategic growth industries such as tech, life sciences and green energy. This role will also highlight NYCEDC’s accomplishments across managing 64M sq feet of critical NYC properties, driving capital and infrastructure projects and bolstering the City’s image as a global hub for inclusive innovation and overall business competitiveness.
This role will focus on use of modern and traditional marketing techniques to actively engage a wide variety of stakeholders, from industry leaders, business leaders, real estate developers, community partners/boards, and others.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct the strategy, development, and execution of all NYCEDC marketing programs and ensure they reflect NYC's strategic positioning in the marketplace, are reflective of the values and imperatives of the organization and the Administration and are designed to help grow and attract large and/or growing companies in key industries.
- Develop and manage NYCEDC initiatives in branding, advertising, promotion, asset-based events, collateral, website, and other means as appropriate.
- Strategize, develop, and execute comprehensive and cohesive content across mediums and channels, with a strong focus on digital/social media execution, to promote major NYCEDC projects and priorities.
- Partner with External Affairs leaders/teams in Public Affairs and Government and Community Relations to develop an integrated approach to communicating EDC priorities and projects.
- Leverage both internal and external resources as needed. Establish an organizational structure to utilize internal capabilities and outsource as needed. Manage outsourcing contracts to effectively deliver desired results within the budget.
- Collaborate with and assist City Hall and other City agencies as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain corporate identity and brand architecture standards for NYCEDC and its sub-brands/individual program brands.
- Support EDC leadership to improve internal communications and oversee content across key channels such as President’s message, pantry screens, board materials and EDCis.
- Build, manage and mentor a diverse staff that includes in-house marketing, creative, operations, editorial, digital, video, and marketing professionals
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree, Master’s or advanced degree preferred.
- 12+ years of tenured experience in strategic marketing management.
- A track record of innovation and success in B2B marketing, digital marketing and content, creative, advertising, and operations, ideally in a relevant industry segment.
- Experience in leveraging emerging trends/technology, crafting effective digital strategies and architecting an engaging user experience online and within social media platforms.
- Proven success in operations and execution of company communications needs across multi-platforms and channels
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with emphasis on effective presentation, partnership, and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to formulate and execute results utilizing strong analytical, critical decision-making and strategic planning skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, presence, and ability to effectively build strong productive relationships both internally and externally.
- Proven ability to lead, engage and collaborate with individuals across various disciplines, cultures and backgrounds to achieve shared goals, in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability in staff motivation, supervision, coaching and team building.
- Ability to analyze and solve complex marketing and management problems.
- Ability to respond effectively to a dynamic marketplace and quickly changing priorities and/or responsibilities.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.