Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your role: The Intern will assist Compliance Project Manager(s) as well as Senior Management who together are responsible for the day-to-day management, maintenance, data accuracy, and enforcement of a diversified portfolio of NYCEDC, NYCIDA, BUILD NYC and other projects. The Intern will also perform ad-hoc assignments and research projects, on-site inspections and field visits, case studies of existing economic development agreements and presentations to committees of senior management and/or the Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities: Assist Project Managers who maintain a portfolio of NYCEDC, NYCIDA, BUILD NYC and other agreements by:
- Reading transaction documents to determine project requirements
- Obtaining and analyzing required reporting documents in order to verify client compliance with various project requirements including employment thresholds, benefit caps, construction completion, insurance, subtenant, and fee requirements
- Maintaining and updating various data in the department database
- Maintaining files and drafting correspondence/memos documenting client compliance, defaults, and corrective actions
- Performing site visits for clients that are delinquent and/or to verify construction commencement and completion
- Aiding in data verification and correction in preparation for required annual reporting to various oversight authorities
- Presenting to the Board of Directors and/or various internal committees
- Organizing and sorting department documentation
- Contacting clients via phone and email to verify document and project compliance
- Other duties as assigned
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel required)
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication skills; email and phone correspondence will be expected
- Minimum 14 hours per week during the school year or up to 28 hours per week during the summer months
- The assignment lasts for a maximum of 1,000 hours within the calendar year (approximately six months).
About us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.