Project Manager, Facilities Management - Asset Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Project Manager, Facilities Management will assist in the Operations Management of City-owned properties.
- Management-tenant relations: Respond to tenant requests and delivering services to tenants.
- Systems and Property Maintenance: Ensure all building systems are operable, reliable and safe for use. Responsible for arranging ongoing maintenance and repairs and coordinating with contractors, mechanics and porters to perform maintenance and repairs of building systems as required. Schedule all tenant related work on operations calendar.
- Emergency Response: Respond to emergencies as required. Must be available and responsive 24/7 and able to help provide solutions during the decision-making process as issues arise.
- Tenant Relations: Conduct random visit to tenants in order to maintain customer satisfaction. Monitor all tenant improvements ensuring compliance with building codes and insurance regulations. Respond to all tenant emergencies. Provide immediate action to alleviate problems. Interact with all tenants at various levels.
- Site Inspections: Supervise inspections and remedy problems as encountered.
- Budget Preparation and Control: Assist in preparing the annual property budget and long-term capital investment plans.
- Contract Administration: Ensure compliance of independent contractors with terms of contract, including maintenance of insurance. Monitor contractors' delivery of improvements to buildings. Act as liaison between contractors and tenants to maximize cooperation.
- Procurement: Analyze properties' supply, service, equipment and staffing needs to assist in producing a comprehensive operating budget. Monitor expenditures against budget and communicate to AVP and senior staff if any issues arise.
- Asset Management Support: Provide assistance, as required to the remainder of the division under the direction of the AVP of Facilities.
- Staff: Assist in supervising maintenance and security staff. Help oversee and monitor interpretation of policies and procedures. Ensure job related functions are completed. Create and implement daily, weekly and monthly maintenance schedules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Architecture, Engineering, Business or equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience in building, and/or maintenance management
- Experience overseeing multiple properties and projects with competing priorities
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with maintenance and janitorial staff
- Experience in project management and easily able to communicate with contractors for project updates
- Capable user of computers and such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse staff, while providing solutions to team members, tenants and self
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work on individual projects with minimal oversight
- Valid driver’s license
- Familiarity with typical building systems
- Familiarity with building and fire code codes/regulations
- Familiarity with typical refrigeration systems
- Familiarity with snow removal procedures and plans
- 24 hour on-call response
- New York City resident (required within 180 days of hire)
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.