Senior Marketing Manager, Business Development
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and equitable economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Senior Marketing Manager, Business Development serves as a marketing communications partner to NYCEDC’s business development team and related industry growth initiatives. The position is part of a team that manages and stewards NYCEDC’s brand through the positioning and promotion of its broad portfolio of projects, programs, and resources, which contribute to NYCEDC’s mission of building strong neighborhoods and creating jobs. The Marketing department operates within the External Affairs Division, which helps the organization connect with members of the public. This position will focus on helping to tell the story about why New York City is a top location to live and do business, supporting the efforts of the NYCEDC Business Development team through the development of strategic marketing and media plans, digital content, email/newsletter content and collateral, and more for a targeted B2B audience. Areas of focus will also include industry growth initiatives, such as life sciences and tech.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, lead, and manage holistic strategic marketing and branding efforts across all communications/media, marketing, industry engagement and digital channels, for business attraction and industry initiatives
- Serve as liaison for the business development team, advising on and managing their day-to-day marketing activities and needs
- Create long term marketing strategies including 6, 12, 24-month plans
- Work with internal partners and Marketing team partners to synthesize complex subject matter into clear messaging points and develop program/project plans that will help frame the development of marketing materials
- Work with creative team partners to develop and present marketing materials and campaigns – from content narratives and design needs–across all channels
- Recommend periodic development and execution of paid media campaigns and plans
- Assist in ensuring updates of NYCEDC website content
- Coordinate with Social Media team to develop social media plans to support business development goals
- Oversee partner budgets and billing
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of Marketing, Advertising, or related field experience. Previous integrated marketing and social media experience, writing, communications, economic development, or public service experience a plus
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Strong communications skills – written and presentation
- Proven experience developing and executing fully integrated campaigns with B2B and digital/non-digital components
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Understanding of how to measure campaign metrics (eg.Google Analytics, email marketing and marketing target engagement)
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
Position Funding: This position is funded by International Business Development funds provided by external funding. Employment will be contingent upon the continued receipt of funds. Funds are expected until August 31, 2024. Employment at NYCEDC is at will and may be terminated by employee or company at any time regardless of funding.
About Us: NYCEDC is a mission-driven, non-profit organization that creates shared prosperity across New York City by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. NYCEDC works with and for communities to provide them with the resources they need to thrive, and invests in projects that increase sustainability, support job growth, develop talent, and spark innovation to strengthen the City’s competitive advantage.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world.
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.