Technical Support, Management Information Systems
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: Technical Support formulates and implements innovative solutions through leverage of state-of-the-art technologies. Must maintain a detailed knowledge of emerging and established on-premise and cloud service enterprise applications and how to incorporate them into EDC's workflow. Provides end users with onboarding, user adoption training. Install system and software upgrades and provides escalated support in a timely fashion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research and assessment of enterprise IT solutions that align business processes and needs with state-of-the-art technologies
- Identify technical improvement opportunities as well as lead in facilitating user adoption of new technologies
- Support on-premise and cloud services solutions such as Office 365 Suite and SharePoint Online
- Point of contact for escalated hardware/software issues that involve expanded technical expertise
- Define and document MIS Helpdesk processes and policies
- Maintain and update OS images with latest windows security updates and software upgrade
- Maintain and manage databases to track record of all hardware and software inventory
- Create and maintain documentation for all software installation procedures
- Research various technical problems and provide solutions to end-users and departmental staff
- Oversee Helpdesk calls and email messages and prioritize requests according to importance
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience working with PCs and Macs; Windows 10, Office 365, SharePoint Online
- 3-5 years' experience in Help Desk Support
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to present to management and end users
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and cloud infrastructure technologies
- Ability to execute and manage projects efficiently and timely
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.