Senior Vice President, Public Affairs
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Senior Vice President (SVP) of Public Affairs will serve as the architect of NYCEDC’s press and earned media strategy, managing short and long-term communications initiatives across the full spectrum of NYCEDC’s activities. This person will serve as the agency’s chief spokesperson, overseeing daily interaction with the media, and working closely with City Hall and agency communications staffs to pitch and place stories, as well as to stage press events. The SVP will manage staff responsible for media relations, crisis communications, speech writing, social media, public appearances, and external materials on a wide array of subjects. Candidates must have experience managing a team, planning, and executing a comprehensive communications strategy, proactively arranging media interviews, and responding to urgent media requests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute a multi-faceted press strategy and proactively, which includes crafting pitches, arranging media interviews, and speaking opportunities, and developing written materials to advance key messages to target audiences.
- Serve as the agency’s chief spokesperson and work closely with City Hall communications staff to develop and oversee daily messages and interactions with the press.
- Develop strategies to influence public recognition and build a broader profile and reputation for the organization.
- Execute plans relating to media relations, crisis communications, and press releases on a wide array of subjects.
- Set operational standards, goals, and strategic initiatives for the Public Affairs department.
- Enhance and build relationships internally with department managers and other senior staff, and externally with the press corps.
- Encourage and enhance cross-departmental communication and collaboration within the External Affairs division including the Marketing, and Government and Community Relations departments.
- Advise departments across NYCEDC on messaging for a wide array of projects, initiatives, and programs.
- Supervise staff to develop and oversee daily messages, press releases, speeches, and interaction with the media and to develop and execute a multi-faceted and proactive communications strategy.
- Determine hiring needs, recruits and selects full-time employees, paid interns, and consultants.
- Delegate and assigns work as appropriate to employees’ capabilities and NYCEDC needs.
- Ensure all employees are oriented to their position and provided with appropriate training and development and continuing education; Monitors performance, provides coaching and feedback on an ongoing basis.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strategic and analytical thinker, capable of seeing and understanding broad and differing perspectives
- Experience managing and coaching staff
- Ability to prevent and anticipate problems, as well as devise creative solutions
- Comfort interacting with senior management, City Hall officials, business leaders and members of the media
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 8+ years professional experience in political campaign, media relations, journalism, public relations, and/or government agency-related work
- Demonstrated competencies in analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills, negotiation, writing, team building and staff development, judgement, and decision-making.
- Proven ability to lead, interact with and coordinate consistent messaging and relationships across diverse and multidisciplinary internal departments, other city agencies and/or external partners.
- Strong track record of proactive and original media initiatives
- Ability to develop story angles and spot trends in the external environment
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Experience managing direct reports, colleagues and/or consultants as assigned, short or long term as needed
- Displays confidence and leadership
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong media relations skills; including rapid response and crisis communications
- Creative, independent thinker with an inquisitive mind
- Strong research and analytical skills
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.