Project Manager, Compliance
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day management and surveillance of a 100-project portfolio of NYCIDA, Build NYC and NYCEDC agreements. The Project Manager will also maintain subject matter expertise in one or more area(s) as decided by the department senior management to train and provide guidance in these areas, communicate with Senior Management, work autonomously when necessary, and manage projects and tasks to completion. In addition, the Project Manager updates, validates, and creates department spreadsheets and databases, manages interns, and helps manage the collection and verification of data, as well as assemble and finalize some of the organization's annual reports to government oversight authorities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage a portfolio of NYCIDA, Build NYC, and other NYCEDC agreements
- Maintain and update various data in the departmental database and spreadsheets.
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize assignments and organize work efficiently for timely completion. Strong time management skills required to manage multiple assignments on time.
- Read and interpret transaction documents to determine project requirements
- Obtain and analyze required reporting documents to verify client compliance with various project requirements including employment thresholds, benefit caps, construction completion, insurance, subtenant, and fee requirements
- Develop and implement improved departmental best practices with input from departmental management
- Draft and send correspondence to clients to explain compliance requirements, meet with clients to explain requirements, attend project pre-closing meetings
- Maintain files and draft correspondence/memos documenting client compliance, defaults, and corrective actions
- Perform site visits for clients that are delinquent and/or to verify construction commencement and completion
- Present to the Board of Directors and/or various internal committees
- Aid in the collection, data verification, and compilation of the statutorily required disclosure reports to local and state oversight authorities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- 1 – 3 years of office environment experience
- Strong communicator who works well independently and with a team
- Capable user of computers and various computer programs
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability and willingness to make oral presentations
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- Strong communication skills; email and phone correspondence will be expected
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.