Senior Program Manager, Opportunity M/W/DBE
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and equitable economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage M/WBE goal setting and compliance for privately funded projects that receive economic benefits under the Strategic Investments Group, Real Estate Transactions, Compliance, and Asset’s Portfolio Management teams
- Develop consistent monitoring and compliance procedures for projects that have HireNYC requirements
- Establish and maintain programmatic policy based on local workforce mandates, labor market data and industry support initiatives
- Collaborate with Initiatives programs to align graduates from trainings and upskilling programs, and wrap-around services with HireNYC job openings
- Manage recruitment strategies and assistance with various workforce development approaches
- Identify and connect with community workforce development partners throughout the boroughs for coordinating recruitment efforts for employers
- Maintain strong communication with employers to ensure they remain compliant and utilize HireNYC to meet initial and ongoing hiring needs
- Assist in coordinating hiring events and direct outreach to community/workforce organizations and developers
- Help develop and analyze metrics to measure success of HireNYC to identify opportunities for improvement
- Negotiate on behalf of the MWDBE group on HireNYC programmatic goals and MWBE participation goals with real estate developers, EDC tenants and strategic investment recipients.
- Critical thinker with an understanding of the principles of equity
- Strong communication skills, organization, attention to detail necessary
- Ability to track and monitor for planning and reporting purposes
- Ability to handle complexity in fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- MS Office, some database experience necessary, emphasis on Microsoft Excel
- Planning and organizational experience with outreach and training events
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
- Not-for-profit, small business, or community-based organization experience
- Three to four years’ experience managing workforce development activities including recruitment, business development and service delivery
- Experience with the development and administration of programs to facilitate small businesses and minority and women’s access to business opportunities in the public or private sector
- Experience with NYC and the NYS workforce development network
- Experience in public procurement
- Strong data and policy analysis skills
About Us: New York City Economic Development Corporation is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization that creates shared prosperity across New York City by strengthening neighborhoods and creating good jobs. We work with and for communities to bring emerging industries to NYC, develop spaces and facilities for businesses; empower New Yorkers through training and skill-building; and invest in sustainable projects that make the city a great place to live and work.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.