Marketing Operations Digital Specialist
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Marketing Department is the keeper of the NYCEDC brand, providing creative strategy, design solutions, content strategy/development, and brand management/implementation organization-wide. Marketing also provides support to City Hall and other city agencies on individual projects and programs.
Position Overview: The Ops Digital Specialist’s responsibilities are diverse, since the role provides support for the Marketing Operations, Digital, and Creative Teams., as well as the Marketing Department as a whole. The Ops Digital Specialist provides timely support for the team through high-priority execution across digital and creative deliverables: build, blast, and analyze email marketing campaigns, execute templated/master creative designs that support campaigns and communications of various departments within NYCEDC, build and execute new or templated internal and external MS PowerPoint presentations, and support website visual maintenance and change requests. The Ops Digital Specialist is meticulous and extremely focused with a keen eye for the smallest details.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and execute email marketing campaigns; build, deploy, and provide reporting metrics
- Adapt and implement templated/master design files for print and digital communications, including recurring corporate stationery, business cards, signage (construction, press events, internal), eNewsletters, event emails and flyers, and internal digital screens
- Execute basic website edits and support web and intranet content management as needed (image resizing, image color correcting, document upload)
- Build internal and external PowerPoint presentations
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience required
- Must be able to adapt and revise an approved creative template or master design file to produce a production-ready file across digital and print formats that conforms to industry standards, incorporating correct sizing, image resolution, color and file formats, etc.
- Must have experience adhering schedules, deadlines, and workflow to ensure that all creative deliverables will be released in a timely manner
- Must be able to navigate stress and challenges in a calm and professional manner against tight deadlines and pressure
- Superb, proven organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written), ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and working proficiency in Mac & PC environments.
- Experience with project management platforms, content management systems, and digital asset management systems will be considered strong pluses
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.