Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: This position provides the opportunity to work closely with other NYCEDC Departments and NYCEDC partners on the budget planning and implementation of many of the City’s major economic development initiatives. The Analyst will shepherd projects through the internal and external review process by working closely with project managers across the corporation. While this position will primarily work with NYCEDC’s Capital projects budget, it will also present the opportunity to work with Expense projects budget.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all budget activities and documents for assigned projects and programs. This will require communicating with a variety of stakeholders including project managers, senior management, other City agencies, City Hall, and elected officials’ offices.
- Assist in the preparation of the expense and capital budgets. Experience with data downloads or direct exposure with the Office of Management and Budget expense and capital funding downloads a plus.
- Use the City’s Financial Management System and internal systems to reconcile project budgets periodically. Work with the Accounting Department to correct any discrepancies.
- Guide project managers through the City’s and NYCEDC’s various approval processes. Prepare submission documents to the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the City Comptroller for review. Actively work as budget liaison with these and other City entities to ensure that approvals are received in a timely manner.
- Review project contracts, change orders, contract amendments and payments for assigned projects.
- Accurately track and monitor obligations and the use of resources through the review of financial data. Provide analyses on the corporation’s budget requests and allocations.
- Coordinate closely with the financial planning team to ensure the effective integration of program and project budgets into the corporate financial plan.
- Provide expert advice as well as excellent customer support to the entire corporation on budget-related matters.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics, Math or related field;
- Strong communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation;
- Keen attention to detail and aptitude for numbers;
- Strong analytical skills, and data centric;
- Ability to track and manage a portfolio of several projects;
- Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to requests for information;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel is a must), and databases;
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
- At least 1 year work experience, with a focus on budgeting, forecasting, costing, and financial analysis
- Budget or Project Management experience
- Database knowledge/experience; City Financial Management System (FMS) a plus
- Experience interfacing with senior officials and management
- Interest in urban infrastructure and economic development initiatives across New York City
- Experience in budgetary planning/management, procurement, project management, financial analysis, public policy analysis or a related field
- Significant information management experience
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.