Project Manager, Partnerships
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Project Manager (PM) role is an exciting opportunity for a business- and social impact-minded, highly-collaborative, motivated individual to help grow EDC’s external network and unlock resources. As part of the Partnerships Department, the PM will develop and manage relationships and partnerships with corporate, international, academic, and workforce development stakeholders, and other key actors in the city to advance EDC’s priorities across economic development verticals. Verticals include urban planning and community development, real estate management, business attraction/retention, inclusive industry growth (e.g., tech, life sciences & healthcare, sustainability, industrial, fashion), and economic mobility.
The PM will be asked to support cross-departmental projects that touch on a wide variety of topics and relationships. They will be staffed on multiple projects, thus should have the ability to manage several projects against tight timelines.
This position is ideal for professionals highly motivated by converting ideas and proposals into high-impact, transformative partnerships and projects. The PM will report to the Assistant Vice President & Chief of Staff for Strategic Partnerships.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships between EDC and external stakeholders, creating awareness of EDC’s priorities and projects, identifying mutually beneficial opportunities, and developing strategic partnerships.
- Manage a portfolio of cross-departmental and/or cross-agency projects, ensuring project objectives are achieved; actively monitor and report progress of projects using appropriate tools to ensure timelines and objectives are met.
- Develop project strategies and create work plans that include specific analyses, goals, project scope, timelines, roles & responsibilities, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations, memorandums, and other materials to effectively communicate project recommendations and/or findings to various audiences (e.g., EDC staff, City Hall staff, city agencies, stakeholders).
- Partner with leaders and colleagues across EDC departments, including but not limited to Initiatives, Strategy, Economic Research & Policy, Strategic Investments, External Affairs, and Legal, to develop partnership strategies and agreements, as well as coordinate external engagement and press plans.
- Organize EDC’s partnerships with and participation in domestic and international events and conferences to integrate stakeholders into activities, build relationships, strengthen brand awareness for EDC and NYC, and attract businesses.
- Support and lead components of the Partnerships Department strategic & operational management (e.g., contact management, budget tracking, conferences & events coordination, department reports and decks, etc.).
- Other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience, including relationship management, development, consulting, nonprofit management, corporate social responsibility, local government, international affairs, and/or economic development
- Experience managing complex stakeholder relationships using CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce, MS Dynamics) is a plus
- Exceptional business writing and communications skills are required, including public speaking
- Strong ability to build relationships and consensus
- Energetic, proactive, collaborative, creative, and strategically oriented
- Proven competency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and primary databases such as Microsoft Dynamics
- New York City resident is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.