Social Media Associate, Public Affairs
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Social Media Associate is responsible for contributing to a team of content creators and media experts in public affairs (working across media relations, marketing, and government and community relations), with a specific focus on attracting and retaining business in New York City through the strategic use of social media.
The Social Media Associate will support teams within EDC focused on NYC business attraction and retention and plays a key role in working on owned, paid, and earned media, amplifying EDC’s role in growing the NYC business community. This role reports to the Assistant Vice President, Social Media Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works with the AVP/Social Media Manager to execute social media strategies across NYCEDC accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook)
- Creates engaging social media content and posts for NYCEDC’s suite of social media accounts as directed by the AVP/Social Media Manager
- Works with the AVP/Social Media Manager to execute paid social media strategies and track paid social spend
- Works with the AVP/Social Media Manager to monitor and measure the impact of social media marketing efforts
- Assists with monitoring audience interactions and engaging with users on our social media platforms
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 2-3+ years of professional experience social media/digital content creation and knowledge of platforms including LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Experience creating paid campaigns across platforms is preferred, specifically Facebook Business Manager and LinkedIn
- Knowledge of social media scheduling software, Sprout is preferred
- Proficient in MS Office suite including PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to craft clear and timely messages
- Strong grammar, punctuation, spelling, and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated competencies in planning, problem-solving skills, and negotiation
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, able to manage multiple tasks and incoming requests
- Comfortable working with tight deadlines
- Familiarity with Canva, Adobe Suite, and/or similar graphics tools a plus
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.