Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The primary responsibility of the Driver (PT) is to support the President’s Executive driver with transportation of the President to and from the President’s home, office, public events, conferences, and meetings in a comfortable, safe and efficient manner. The driver is required to have a professional business appearance and be responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of the President’s vehicle. The position will also provide various administrative support functions for the security team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Transport the President to and from the President’s home, office, public events, conferences, and meetings in a comfortable, safe and efficient manner
- Coordinate scheduling and logistics with the President’s Office assistants to ensure the President makes appointments on schedule
- Responsible for the cleanliness and maintenance of the President’s vehicle
- Knowledge of the NYC Metro area and the use of navigational devices
- Assist with driving tours for the NYCEDC and The New York City Mayor’s Office
- Support the NYCEDC Security team on key operational duties including building fire safety, key card access, CCTV monitoring and reporting
- Support the security team with the management of public hearings and events
- Safety situational awareness when transporting the president and NYCEDC personnel
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- NYS Driver’s License
- Extensive experience driving Corporate Executives and/or in law enforcement and/or Security
- NYS Security Guard Training or Law Enforcement Credentials
- NYC residency within 180 days of hire
- NYS Defensive Driving Course or Equivalent
- Computer Skills, MS Office
- Knowledge of corporate security procedures
- Excellent customer service skills
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.