Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: Reporting to the Deputy Controller, the Accounting Manager, Financial Reporting prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements for multiple NYCEDC affiliated entities. The Accounting Manager prepares and enters journal entries and prepares supporting schedules as needed. The Accounting Manager interacts with colleagues within the organization to understand transactions and ensure they are timely and accurately recorded. The Accounting Manager builds strong work relationships with colleagues to facilitate the transfer of information and documentation needed for financial reporting. The Accounting Manager responds to and facilitates various audit-related requests.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the accounting functions of NYCEDC affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Performs the monthly closing for assigned entities including analyzing accounting discrepancies and effectively communicating issues
- Prepare and maintain a comprehensive workpaper package to support balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Prepares monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements and monthly variance analysis
- Presents monthly financial results to the Board of Directors
- Communicates with project managers to ensure that transactions are timely and accurately recorded and reported
- Work cross-functionally within Finance and other departments including Legal and Compliance
- Understand abstracts, legal agreements, and other related written documentation
- Plays a key role in governance duties for designated entities, including PAAA compliance items
- Meet with internal and external auditors and provide requested support as necessary
- Preparation and/or review of tax related forms for assigned entities
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5 or more years of experience in Accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Experience in financial statement preparation and reporting
- Strong foundational knowledge of US GAAP to ensure financial statements are fairly presented
- Self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally in communications and interactions with colleagues
- Ability to work independently in a fast-moving environment while effectively meeting deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively across different teams and functions
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities
- Observes the ethical and confidential attributes commensurate to the profession
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- As of August 2, 2021, all new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.