Administrative Coordinator, Partnerships
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and equitable economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Administrative Coordinator role is an exciting opportunity for a business and social impact-minded, highly-collaborative, motivated individual to support both the Economic Research & Policy (ERP) and Partnerships departments with administrative and project work. They will report directly to the Senior Vice President of ERP and the Senior Vice President of Partnerships.
The ERP department performs industry and economic research to provide insights into key policy issues, conducts economic analysis of NYC projects, and tracks economic trends for the mayor, policymakers, and the public. ERP advances high-impact thought leadership on inclusive and innovation-driven economic development.
The Partnerships department is responsible for bringing together and influencing stakeholders across sectors to forge relationships and partnerships that bring opportunities, businesses, and jobs to New York City. The team engages with domestic and international businesses, academic institutions, community-based organizations, workforce development providers, and others.
This job is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to build off their administrative experience and get exposed to a wide variety of economic development topics, including urban planning and community development, asset management, industry growth (e.g., life sciences, tech, climate resiliency), and business attraction/retention.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage calendars for 2 Senior Vice Presidents - schedule all meetings, support with logistics, travel coordination, reimbursements, etc.
- Manage all purchases for both departments using corporate card and submit timely monthly logs.
- Provide administrative and logistical support to other department staff as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with departmental projects and external partners.
- Manage production of support materials for meetings and functions.
- Help arrange staff and client meetings along with any required logistics.
- Create, format, and edit documents and presentations in a variety of formats including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Conduct research using web resources (Google, etc.) to obtain company information, phone numbers, and other due diligence information needed for meetings, trips, and presentations.
- Develop and lead the onboarding process for new staff.
- Aid with the coordination of events (e.g., catering, booking event space, etc.) and travel (flights, hotel, etc.).
- Overall team budget tracking and invoice payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Highly detail-oriented with solid follow-up skills and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong sense of prioritization and time management.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments efficiently.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and circumstances.
- Professional demeanor, a positive attitude, and comfort working in a team setting.
- At least 4+ years' work experience with multiple reporting responsibilities.
- Interest in government, urban planning, and economic development preferred, but not required
- Some college preferred but not necessary.
- Proven strength in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, OneDrive, Microsoft Teams, and primary databases such as CRM.
- Experience in using SAP Concur preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated interest in promoting innovation in administrative management and willingness to learn new computer tools.
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire.
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: New York City Economic Development Corporation is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization that creates shared prosperity across New York City by strengthening neighborhoods and creating good jobs. We work with and for communities to bring emerging industries to NYC, develop spaces and facilities for businesses; empower New Yorkers through training and skill-building; and invest in sustainable projects that make the city a great place to live and work.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.