Senior Project Manager, Asset Management
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and equitable economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
This is a Senior Project Manager position that will oversee the Operations Management of City-owned properties within the Asset Management portfolio at NYCEDC, specifically the NYC Ferry terminals, Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, and other properties as assigned within the EDC portfolio.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management-tenant relations: Responding to tenant requests and delivering customer service to tenants.
- Field Management- Assist in management of on-site EDC Field Staff and contracted janitorial workers. Support and aid in the coordination of contactor site visits and or repairs.
- Ensure all building, terminal and barge systems are operable, reliable, and safe for use. Responsible for arranging ongoing maintenance and repairs and coordinating with contractors, mechanics, and porters to perform maintenance and repairs of building and barge systems as required and needed.
- Respond to emergencies as required. Must be available and responsive 24/7 and able to help provide solutions during the decision-making process as issues arise.
- Special Projects- With the assistance of the AVP of Facilities, own high leverage projects as assigned. This can include but is not limited to emergency repairs, property acquisitions, and site inspections.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled check ins with tenants in order to maintain customer satisfaction. Monitor all tenant improvements so to ensure compliance with applicable building code, insurance regulations and industry best practices. Respond to all tenant emergencies and provide immediate action to alleviate problems. Work with counter parts in Portfolio and the NYC Ferry Team division to address and meet tenant expectations at various levels.
- . Perform scheduled and unscheduled inspections at assigned sites to ensure service contractor compliance and to note any repairs needed. Noted deficiencies should be addressed in an appropriate manner and logged accordingly to maintain a history.
- Ensure contractor compliance within in the bounds and terms of the contract. This can include but not limited to insurance requirements, professional certification/licensing, etc. Act as liaison between contractors and tenants/operators to maximize cooperation.
- Own the preparation of the annual property budget and long-term capital investment plans for your assigned portfolio.
- Respond to tenant requests and delivering services to tenants/operators.
- Own the procurement, negotiation, and internal approvals process for contract execution for all standing and new contracts that are needed to keep our facilities operational. These include but are not limited to supplies service, equipment, and staffing needs. Monitor expenditures against the budget and use appropriate measures to correct issues that may arise.
- Provide assistance, as required to the remainder of the division.
- Staff: Assist in supervising maintenance and security staff. Help oversee and monitor interpretation of policies and procedures. Ensure job related functions are completed. Create and implement daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance schedules.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Facilities Management, Business or equivalent experience.
- Experience in building, and/or maintenance management, and/or management and operations of various transportation systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Capable user of computers and such programs as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and to work on individual projects with minimal oversight.
- Valid driver’s license
- 24 hour on-call response
- New York City residence within 180 days of hire.
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability.
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!