Assistant Field Supervisor, Graffiti Free NYC
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Your Role: The Assistant Field Supervisor will report to and assist the programs Field Manager responsible for managing and overseeing all field operations of Graffiti Free (NYC) Citywide services as part of the NYCEDC Quality of Life Program.
Graffiti Free (NYC) is a citywide graffiti cleaning service addressing commercial and residential properties throughout New York City’s Five Boroughs. Graffiti Free (NYC) utilizes customized vehicles equipped with power washers and paint sprayers to clean graffiti. GFNYC operates (24) customized vehicles and have a staff of approximately 50 workers. The regular operating hours will be early mornings.
NYCEDC currently partners with The Doe Fund a social service organization to employ and provide on-the-job skill training of workers who perform graffiti removal service Citywide.
The program operates out of a base in Brooklyn, NY and a base in the Bronx, NY.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supervision and performance management of all supervisors, mechanics and work crew staff.
- Responsible for the dispatchment and routing of all work scopes assignments distributed to all work crew teams.
- Manage field supervisors’ daily activities and performance. Ensure that field supervisors are overseeing work crews’ delivery of services.
- Manage crew members’ quality of work, productivity and professionalism directly as needed.
- In collaboration with the third party’s employer, monitor disciplinary processes of crew and supervisors.
- Ensure crews and supervisors are following appropriate program policies and procedures as outlined in Graffiti Free NYC SOP.
- Ensure that completed work assignment information submitted by the work crew and reported by the supervisors is accurate. Maintain organized records.
- Assist in the implementation of new digital data collection tools and ensure data collected is accurate.
- Utilize NYCEDC procurement methods, guidelines and procedures when procuring all program supplies, equipment and parts.
- Manage daily inventory, back stock and supply purchases.
- Oversee maintenance and repair work on fleet vehicles and equipment.
- Assist in training staff on equipment operation, maintenance and program other operational protocols.
- Respond 24/7 to all EDC and QOL program services requests and special project assignments.
- Assist with coordination of responding to urgent requests and planning public/media events to showcase the programs.
- Assist in coordination, dispatchment and supervision of QOL program work crews during snowstorms. Perform snow removal services to all NYCEDC assigned properties.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required with management experience, Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Experience in managing and service dispatching of work crews with 30+ members.
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience managing a program of over 20 workers.
- Experience in training staff and ensuring high quality performance
- Experience managing inventory and supply purchases
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in using technology for data collection and management, web-based tools, a digital routing system
- Ability to work with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Basic mechanical knowledge in electrical, automotive and machinery repair
- Ability to work early morning hours as needed
- Valid NYC Driver’s License with minimum 5 years driving experience
- Geographical knowledge of NYC
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook
- NYC residency within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.