Program Manager, Diversity & Inclusion - Human Resources
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
The Diversity & Inclusion Team within our Human Resources department at NYCEDC is a strategic partner which guides the development and implementation of a comprehensive plan focused on embedding effective diversity, equity and inclusion practices for the organization.
The position will support building the capacity of the Diversity & Inclusion practice within the Human Resources department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct D&I and other research on best practices/benchmarking
- Assist in developing multi-year diversity and inclusion (D&I) strategic plans
- Help define Inclusion & Diversity project deliverables and then assist in executing initiatives from inception to delivery and finalization
- Review internal and external benchmarks to help drive D&I focus areas
- Provide research in connection with project objectives and issues
- Assist and compile data where needed with all compliance reporting and audits such as EEO and EEPC
- Track against an internal audit program to verify adherence with the EEO compliance
- Aggregate, analyze and develop bi-annual Diversity Metrics and prepare company wide report
- Help prepare presentations to leaderships to achieve objectives and to drive ownership for diversity deeper into the organization
- Assist with content development and posting for the company intranet site, stakeholder presentations and reports
- Assist in the management of the Employee Resource Groups and associated events
- Partner with Employee Resource Groups to ensure alignment with overall business objectives, and diversity & inclusion strategy.
- Provide ad hoc administrative support such as meeting materials preparation and event set-up
- Plan and coordinate various Diversity and HR related events throughout the year
- Assist on ad hoc HR department projects that relate to any of HR’s core competencies (Talent Acquisition, Talent Management, Total Rewards, Training & Development and Organizational Culture)
- Other related duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree, but preferably a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient in MS Office Suite with strong skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Models respectful and inclusive behavior to foster a climate where different ideas and opinions are valued
- Communicates with candor and courage
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects from HR team members
- Familiarity with project management duties including project implementation from conception to completion
- Two years of professional work experience in the public or private sector, preferably in a Human Resources,
- New York City residence is required within 180 days of hire
About Us: NYCEDC is New York City’s primary vehicle for promoting economic growth in each of the five boroughs. Our mission is to create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs. We do this by developing, managing, and implementing expansion and redevelopment programs that encourage investment and strengthen the city’s competitive position.
NYCEDC is dedicated to the creation of a dynamic, equitable, and sustainable urban economy. We are making sure that whatever happens next, happens right here in New York City—and that all New Yorkers are a part of it.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.