Senior Development Associate, Partnerships
Our Vision: To make New York City the global model for inclusive innovation and economic growth, fueled by the City’s diverse people and businesses.
Our Mission: To create shared prosperity across New York City’s five boroughs by strengthening neighborhoods and growing good jobs.
Position Overview: The Senior Development Associate role is an exciting opportunity for a business- and social impact-minded, highly-collaborative, motivated individual to unlock resources for the organization and grow NYCEDC’s relationships across sectors. As part of the Partnerships’ department, the Associate will develop and manage partnerships with key philanthropic stakeholders and other actors in the city (e.g., corporations, academic institutions, etc.) to advance EDC’s priorities across economic development verticals. Verticals include inclusive ecosystem growth (e.g., tech, life sciences & healthcare, sustainability, industrial, fashion), economic mobility, and neighborhood and community development.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development, the Associate will be asked to support cross-departmental projects that include donor prospecting and cultivation as well as foster strategic partnerships across industries. This position is ideal for a highly motivated, analytical individual grounded in thoughtful engagement practices for a variety of audiences as well as both an understanding of the NYC innovation ecosystem and the ability to advance transformative ideas.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Co-develop donor pipeline via identifying prospects and executing engagement strategies
- Interface with key stakeholders on projects and other partnership opportunities
- Monitor, identify, and diligence new funding opportunities from the private sector
- Oversee support functions including project management for live opportunities, development database management, and proposal development as needed.
- Portfolio Management
- Build and maintain relationships across NYCEDC and external stakeholders, creating awareness of EDC programs and initiatives, and identifying mutually beneficial collaboration opportunities.
- Manage cross-departmental or cross-agency projects, ensuring project objectives are achieved; actively monitor and track progress of projects using appropriate tools to ensure timeline and objectives are met.
- Develop project plans that include analyses, scope of work, timelines, individual responsibilities, etc.
- Create and deliver presentations, memorandums and other materials that effectively communicate project recommendations and/or findings to various audiences (e.g., senior EDC staff, City Hall staff, partner agencies, external stakeholders)
- Partner with leaders and colleagues across EDC departments including but not limited to External Affairs, Initiatives, Strategy, Legal, and Grants to develop strategies, marketing collateral, and associated external engagement tools.
- As needed, support team efforts to develop local and domestic events and conferences.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 3-4+ years of relevant experience, including business development, donor stewardship, fundraising, and/or economic development
- Strong ability to build long-term relationships and consensus on shared goals
- Exceptional business writing and communications skills are required, including public speaking
- Specific experience in grants management preferred, including narrative and financial reporting, proposal development, and serving as a knowledge resource on donors.
- Proven competency in use of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and primary databases such as Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience managing complex stakeholder relationships using CRM tools (e.g., Salesforce, MS Dynamics)
- New York City residency is required within 180 days of hire
- All new hires must be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as defined by the CDC, unless they have been granted a reasonable accommodation for religion or disability
About Us: New York City Economic Development Corporation is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization that creates shared prosperity across New York City by strengthening neighborhoods and creating good jobs. We work with and for communities to bring emerging industries to NYC, develop spaces and facilities for businesses; empower New Yorkers through training and skill-building; and invest in sustainable projects that make the city a great place to live and work.
NYCEDC offers many unique advantages for an exciting and fulfilling career. As part of our team, you’ll enjoy:
- The unique opportunity to make an impact on New York City
- Working on diverse, unique, and challenging projects
- Working closely with teams of creative, highly motivated, and passionate people
- Learning opportunities designed to enhance the practical skills and business knowledge of our employees
- Excellent benefits, including company-paid 401(a) pension plan, 457(b) tax-advantaged retirement savings plans, medical, dental and vision benefits, generous paid family leave and paid time off, and other perks
The New York City Economic Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to attract, retain, and engage a diverse workforce comprised of talented people. NYCEDC employees can expect to work as part of a highly engaged, passionate and inclusive workforce where everyone’s contributions are valued, respected and make an impact on one of the best and most diverse cities in the world!
For more information, visit our website at edc.nyc.